CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 11-24-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
Dan Heaney

Profile:
Test 2 on "How fit are you?"

Quote:
Test 2: Clean and Jerk 15 Reps
Performance: There is no time limit, but the weight cannot be rested on the ground. Resting at the hang, rack, or overhead is O.K. At the ground, the athlete must touch and go. Technique is otherwise not critical.
Scoring: The score is exactly the load lifted.
Modifications: There are no modifications needed for this test.
Character: This classic movement is traditionally an excellent test of overall strength, but when performed at 15 reps becomes an extraordinary metabolic challenge as evidenced by max heart and respiratory rate.
Workout: This test can be practiced as a workout by completing the test and then repeating at twelve and nine reps with the same load, resting between efforts as needed.
Does this mean it can be done like "Grace"? Is it just a matter of moving the weight from the ground to overhead?

Thanks
Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 AM   #2
Brandon Oto

Profile:
Re: Test 2 on "How fit are you?"

Sounds like it.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
David Sailor

Profile:

Dan,

I think the "Anyway, Anyhow" term could apply here. From ground to overhead, whatever way best suits you. Maximum weights will come from the best technique and a full squat clean but no one is going to judge the way it's done as long as it is a touch and go and from ground to overhead. Also, this is not timed, so resting is allowed, as long as the bar isn't on the ground.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:06 AM   #4
Dan Heaney

Profile:

Thanks! I did test 1 and 2 today. Bench/Pull-ups and the C&J. I benched 320 and did 31 pull-ups and 140 for the C&J. I pretty happy with those right now.

Test 1 score 320 x 31 = 9920
Test 2 score = 140
Old 11-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #5
Rob Sheldon

Profile:

The more I look at the article the more I want to try it and see what my score is. Since I am just starting back into training, I think what I will do is keep doing the WoD until around the first of the year, then see what my score is, and then test it again maybe every 4-6 months or so. I just wanted to add that....
Old 11-24-2007, 11:27 PM   #6
Anonymous 754029

Profile:  

this reminds me of the way you rest when doing the bear
Old 11-25-2007, 02:52 AM   #7
Dan Heaney

Profile:

Quote:
The more I look at the article the more I want to try it and see what my score is. Since I am just starting back into training, I think what I will do is keep doing the WoD until around the first of the year, then see what my score is, and then test it again maybe every 4-6 months or so. I just wanted to add that....
I am going to do two more at some point this week. Once I get a score for reference I am going to do it again in Jan some time. To see which direction I am heading in and to see if a strict zone really makes a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vassallo View Post
this reminds me of the way you rest when doing the bear
I tried resting with the bar in the rack position and hanging and hanging was 10x better. Lowering it sucks because your forearms are shot by 10

Last edited by Dan Heaney; 11-25-2007 at 02:54 AM..