CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-12-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Robert Cox

Profile:
First time w/ Crossfit Today.

Hi, Im Rob, Im from Maryland, Lived in germany the past 5 years and now i live in texas till 2013 when I finally go home, Im happily married and I like tattoos and have alot. (Introduction.)

So, Im currently in Afghanistan, I have been working out for about a month now trying to trim up, but i think i had no direction whatsoever and went in the gym clueless every day like I did my last deployment, which worked ok for me then but for all the work I felt i put in back then, i didnt get the results i wanted.

I was debating with myself over doing P90X or Crossfit, I was worried that i wont get the abs or the body I want with crossfit, and just the numbers, I want the numbers and everything and im eating healthy and Im not out of shape, so it shouldnt be that hard hopefully. But in the end i chose crossfit because it seems more fun and the way people talk about how it helps your overall fitness in all aspects really caught my eye. So Today we did the WOD.

Holy hell, It was a Hero workout and it was insane, I had about a straight hour of non stop moving and running and jumping and i could just feel it, it was possibly the most energy i have used in one hour in my entire life, great workout and i cant wait for 2morrow's workout and the next days after and so on and so forth.

Im glad I decided to use Crossfit and plan on pushing myself to the max every single time i do a workout and hopefully make some new friends and share stories along the way.

Just want to say Hi and introduce myself pretty much let you know how the first WOD went for me.

Thanks!

- RoBo
Old 06-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Bob Cieszkowski

Profile:
Re: First time w/ Crossfit Today.

Thanks for your service and welcome.

The keys to success are to eat at as good as you can (considering the circumstances) and get plenty of rest.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Dan Bosco

Profile:

hey rob!
great choice and welcome! hope all goes well and any questions you have this discussion board is an great tool for finding the answers!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:20 PM   #4
Anthony Medley

Profile:

My wife and I did the P90x twice, I think it was a great overall conditioning routine. I have been doing CrossFit for just under 2 years, September will be my anniversary. I have seen way more gains in the first 3 months of CrossFit then I seen in the back to back P90x routines. It is all about dedication. Hang in there and good luck.............