CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Raquel Cusi

Profile:
CrossFit Demos in a Booth

Hi all, curious to get some of your opinions. We are going to be having a booth at a festival this Sunday and I'm considering having some of our guys do some CrossFit demos. We've had a few booths before but usually just a table with info. I'm trying to think of ways to draw people over.

Demos probably won't include a full WOD or anything, maybe some KB, oly lift techniques. Space would be an issue as well as it would only be a 10 x 10 booth.

Thoughts and other suggestions appreciated, !
Old 02-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
Jason Peacock

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Demos in a Booth

KBs are portable and don't take much space. 10x10 is big enough for barbell work if it won't scare other booths when you drop it Slamballs & medicine balls are portable too.

I'd figure some quick WODs - like 50 air squats or pushup/KB combos that are quick & easy to teach, doable by most everyone, but will get your heartrate up quickly. Heck, 30 slamballs for time is a surprisingly good workout!

Bring a selection of KB weights - some ppl will be scared and you can show them how you can scale with less weight. Others will be macho and you can show them real exercise with more weight

I'd probably stay away from the barbells - great for demos, but can't get the audience involved and it can be intimidating. Unless you have an 'average' woman to help demo - if she's doing some great lifts w/o being a hulk that can help motivate a lot of ppl.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Jason Peacock

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Demos in a Booth

Rereading your post, I'd def go for the slamballs - they make some noise w/o being disturbing, that will attract attention. Ppl can learn & participate easily - you could have some fun max reps in a minute or 30sec, or 30 reps for time. Keep a leader board?

KBs look cool too - most ppl haven't seen them. Having members demonstrating snatches and cleans would be good. It'll make ppl look twice when they stop by to lift a 24kg bell, then a member says "this is what you do with them" and easily snatches it