CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 06-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
Michael Clements

Profile:
Power Clean

Hey guys i decided to post a vid of my power clean since i got alot of feedback from my other videos. It's 135lb but im not really sure on the form. The major thing is getting it down from the rack position.. I look like im getting whip lash lol so id like to sort that out.. also not a great angle but I can repost if its terrible. Any advice is appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYgDPOLkcFE wfs Power Clean 135lbs (body weight 165lbs)
Old 06-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Michael Clements

Profile:
Re: Power Clean

Thought id just give this a bump.. Can anyone help my with my form?
Old 06-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
S.S.

Profile:

Not really an expert here, but you want to focus to make sure your shoulders and hips rise nearly simultaneously. Your hips are rising slightly before your shoulders. The movement didn't look particularly explosive, but perhaps that's because you're using a light weight. I don't notice any glaring errors but perhaps someone with a more discerning eye may.

Also when you lower your weight down, keep your back straight as if you were going up. It would suck if you got an injury from lowering the bar.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
Júlíus Magnússon

Profile:

The reason you're not getting many replies is probably because those look pretty good. Just make sure to keep your back tight, have your hips rise at the same time as your shoulders and don't rush the first pull.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Michael Clements

Profile:

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to try to focus on my hips/shoulders and yes it was light so ill increase and see where it goes.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
Glenn Pendlay

Profile:

Michael,

You are doing the whole lift on the ball of your foot. Focus on transfering the weight from the ball of the foot to the heel during the time that the bar goes from the floor to knee height, do this by driving the knees back as you raise the bar off the floor, NOT pulling the shoulders back.

This mistake is why another poster correctly commented that your lift didnt look particularly explosive...

Glenn
Old 06-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Michael Clements

Profile:

Thanks for the input, I will try and focus on that next time.