CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #11
Caine Peters

Profile:
Re: I'm 17, strength programming?

juggernaut if your going to stick to a program
Old 12-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #12
David Meverden

Profile:

First I've heard of that Juggernaut lifting plan. On first glance it seems good, and pretty similar to 5/3/1. Or rather, it sounds like a lot of 5/3/1 but with all the assistance and stuff laid out for you. Good if you aren't sure what assistance you want to do on 5/3/1, bad if you want a lot of freedom to modify. Of course I have only taken a quick glance: e-book probably has good modification options.

For pure strength work though I'll still recommend a linear progression--if you don't have a good strength coach guiding you--before diving into more complicated plan. Might as well milk linear gains while you can get em. I guess my message is not to be this guy (WFS except for shirtless skinny guy), jumping from P-90X, to a routine out of Muscle and Fitness, to Juggernaut, apparently looking for a new program every couple of months without really understand what he needs or what he should be getting out of said programs.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Jesse Martin

Profile:

When you say crossfitting for a year and a half did you get those results following main site programming?

If that is the case you are going to be one bad dude once you get on solid program. CF football would be a good option.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #14
Shaun Gross

Profile:

I personally would say go Outlaw. Rudy will make sure you're strength work is programmed and intelligently while focussing on all the requirements (lots of Olympic lifting and skill work) for Crossfit Competitions.

He programmes to peak for the open, etc. This is the off-season so strength and Olympic lifts is being focussed on especially
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #15
Kolin Theede

Profile:

It has been 15 months now that I have been Crossfitting, about four of those were spent fallowing crossfit.com. The rest of the time has been the programming for my gym, done by the box owner.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #16
Caine Peters

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
First I've heard of that Juggernaut lifting plan. On first glance it seems good, and pretty similar to 5/3/1. Or rather, it sounds like a lot of 5/3/1 but with all the assistance and stuff laid out for you. Good if you aren't sure what assistance you want to do on 5/3/1, bad if you want a lot of freedom to modify. Of course I have only taken a quick glance: e-book probably has good modification options.

For pure strength work though I'll still recommend a linear progression--if you don't have a good strength coach guiding you--before diving into more complicated plan. Might as well milk linear gains while you can get em. I guess my message is not to be this guy (WFS except for shirtless skinny guy), jumping from P-90X, to a routine out of Muscle and Fitness, to Juggernaut, apparently looking for a new program every couple of months without really understand what he needs or what he should be getting out of said programs.
So much freedom with assistance and lots of templates in jugg method 2.0 its really good if you want some exitment out of training and the rep scheme and weight is forever changing its ace! And you build strength!
Yeah he works closely with wendler and thats why there is a lot of 531 i think its a 531 with more volume