CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-11-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
Travis Mulroy

Profile:
I have been following the Zone/Paleo diet pretty closely for the last three weeks with great results. My fats have all come from macadamia nuts, almond butter, grass fed beef, and organic butter.

Yesterday, I ran out of grass fed beef, so I ate some regular lean ground beef. There was 3 grams of fat for every 7 grams of protien in this beef, so I did not add any extra fat to my meals. I ate this lean beef for dinner last night (4 block) and breakfast this morning (4 blocks), with 2 oranges as my carbs.

So, today I feel strangly irritable and agitated, for no particular reason. I was wondering if it could be due to the sudden change in types of fats I am eating. The new type of meat is the only notable change I have made in the last 24 hours. It seems like a pretty drastic mood change. Does this seem likely?

Old 03-11-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Travis, the Zone already accounts for the fat in meat, that's why one block of fat = 1.5 grams. If you are eating extreamly fat free protein: no fat cottage cheese, protein powder, etc. You should count 1 block as 3 grams. You lowered your calories and speed up gastric emptying; that's probably why you were irritable.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #3
Travis Mulroy

Profile:
I thought because there was more fat in this meat, it would account for the block of fat I usually add. However, after reading your response, I had some macadamia nuts, and I feel a little better. Thanks!