CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 02-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
Josh Brehm

Profile:
First question: I've been looking to make my first two zone meals completely zone favorable, so how does this look from that perspective?

Breakfast: smoothie containing 1 cup milk (1p, 1c), 1 banana (3c), peanut butter (5f), whey protein powder (4p ... i think. how do you measure whey protein for zone?), and one more block worth of fruit.

Lunch: 5oz chicken (5p), ~2 1/2 cups broccoli (2c), 2/3 cup onions (1c) all cooked in pan on stove top with >1 tbsp stick butter (do i count this as fat?) to cook the chicken, and a little bit of veggie oil added to the whole thing once i put the veggies in on top of the chicken. i then also have an orange afterwards (2c) and ~ 10 cashews.

Second question: I need to find an easy-to-make dinner. i'm thinking something involving a salad with tuna, with an apple on the side, or something... anyone have any simple ideas (that involve cheap ingrediants) for dinner involving a salad and tuna?
Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #2
Eva Claire Synkowski

Profile:
from the zone perspective, they look ok.

for the protein powder - 7 g protein is 1 blk. so scoop out what would give you 28 g according to the nutrional label. the banana is not so favorable....you could replace with some berries.

yes, you are supposed to count the butter (or whatever cooking oil) towards your fat blocks. butter isnt all that "favorable" according to zone. why not just switch to olive oil for cooking and the veggies?

for the dinner, why not just tuna on mixed greens? add olive oil, maybe some lemon juice, etc. pretty straight forward. you may want to seach the internet - there are a bunch of quick and easy zone recipes out there:
like, http://www.the-zone-diet-recipes.com/ or
http://www.zonecafe.com/zone_cafe_ne...et-recipes.asp
Old 02-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #3
Eva Claire Synkowski

Profile:
oh, and for dinner - maybe throw some sweet potatoes in. those baby yams bake pretty quickly and are a great way to get some carb blks in.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #4
Josh Brehm

Profile:
I hate to sound naive, but what are mixed greens composed of?
Old 02-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #5
Eva Claire Synkowski

Profile:
mixed greens are any green leafy vegetable you would use to compose a salad. romaine, arugula, spinach, etc.