CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 06-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Brian Russell Stewart

Profile:  
I weigh 220 so theoretically I am meant to deadlift 330 for 10 reps then do bench and cleans, and come back to do 9 etc. I can't manage that weight for 10 reps, so I started out at 250 x 10,then 260 x 9,and go up 10 each set to 2x 330.
I applied the same logic to the bench and cleans.
Is this the correct way of doing it, or should I stick to one weight that I can handle for the whole workout? If the desired effect was to leave me blubbering on the floor, then I must have done it right!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Andy Shirley

Profile:
That is one way to do it. But I would think all the weight changing would get old. There is no "correct" way, other than as Rx'd.

But there are countless modifications that can be made to one's ability. If yours worked well, stick with it. I prefer to keep the weights the same for all sets, usually lighter than Rx'd.

Most recently I was limited to one bar, so I modded it to all sets with 135, using strict standing press instead of bench. The DL was easy, but it was made up for in my ability to complete everything much faster than with heavier weight, also leaving me blubbering on the floor.

Another popular method of modifying linda is using a theoretical bodyweight, either lean body mass or a random number, that makes Linda able to be completed. So pretend you weigh 180, and proceed accordingly.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Moving to the WOD section...