CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
Ian Nigh

Profile:
Re: 380 Front Squat @ 170 BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
That's good work. I'm curious, what is your training goal? Do you want to be competitive at CrossFit, Olympic lifting, or what?
http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/5588 (WFS)
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
Jay Rhodes

Profile:
Re: 380 Front Squat @ 170 BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
That's good work. I'm curious, what is your training goal? Do you want to be competitive at CrossFit, Olympic lifting, or what?
Both. Which I know is hard to do.....

Our gym follows a group format style of The Outlaw Way, and I've been following that myself for a while now. Program is based on weightlifting and higher skill gymnastics (for CF), carefully structured conditioning aka not beatdowns every day.

Right now weightlifting is the secondary goal. I've competed twice. First meet didn't time my ramp up properly and bombed out on the snatch, second meet hit 102/135 to come second place at a local meet.
If I could work up to PR's (115/141) at a meet I should be able to do some damage in my weight class, even at a national meet. But right now I'm just doing lots of training and getting ready for the CF season.