CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
Travis Loest

Profile:
Re: Re-Tread(NWFS)

Morning PT
Climbing drill 1
Conditioning drill 1 & 2 x 2

CrossFit
Cancelled due to stupid amounts of paperwork and dealing with people *****ing about not getting paid. Shut up ****ers, be happy you have a job that will give you back pay.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #12
Travis Loest

Profile:

No morning PT, started school today, 2 hours late because I locked my keys in my truck...WTF?! No one seemed to care, I called the instructor and told him what was going on, he said, "ok, see you when you get out here."

CrossFit
craptastic warm up

workout
10 rounds for time
10 abmat butterfly sit-ups
25 meter sprint
15 kb swings (1 pd, all the way overhead)
25 meter sprint

12:08

really thought I was going to throw up, probably should have considering the junk I've been eating, it'd probably be healthier. Living in a hotel, trying to figure out how to eat well...oi! When I was done I alternated between the hottub and the pool, four minutes in one then 4 min in the other for 16 minutes, did stretching while I was in the hottub, just floated in the pool.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:19 PM   #13
Travis Loest

Profile:

no morning PT, took two tests instead. 95% and 90%.

Afternoon
mediocre warm up:
two rounds
10 GHD sit-ups
10 GHD back extensions
10 dips
10 squats

workout
Power Snatch to 3x OHS
95#-95#-100#-105#-115#115#-115#

was able to string the first 5 dips on each set of the warm up together, going all the way down until my shoulders are at thumb level. I'm not losing any weight, just getting stronger, I couldn't do 2 in a row three weeks ago.

Wanted to do full Oly Snatch but just couldn't get the balance of the catch right. Too many people made me self conscious. My last 1RM for snatch was 165, I've got a ways to go to get back there. **** being discouraged, I'm ****ed of that I'm not as strong as I use to be!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #14
Travis Loest

Profile:

I scaled to 95#/10 pull ups. Also, I completely forgot to do the pull-ups on the first two sets

3:23
3:36
4:33
5:12
5:47

most rounds I did each exercise unbroken, but had to set down the weight between exercises. The cleans wore out my lungs, the front squats blew out my forearms (guess I'm not use to that level of flexibility) and the jerks were pretty good.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
Travis Loest

Profile:

Addictions suck.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Travis Loest

Profile:

Spending a lot of time in thought/research on ways a man can unmake/remake himself, evaluating my life, my choices, my destructive habits. I've come to the conclusion that I am horribly critical of myself and of others.

I've realized that looking at it as a whole picture is so overwhelming as to be insurmountable.(big word for the day) I know that if I can fix one thing and stick with that until the bad habit is rewritten with a good habit that I can make changes that will last. But where to start? How 'bout with a list?

Maybe it'll be a constant reminder to get my *** in gear and fix my life, not that it's all bad, mind you. I have a job, and in this economy that's a pretty good thing. I have a wife and daughter that love me. I have the ability to provide for my family. But who wants to work on that?! Here's the crap that needs to be cleaned out of my life.

Cigarettes, a horrible habit. My dad quit when the doctor asked my mother how long she had been smoking...she never smoked a day in her life. He became an unbearable ***, then he quit drinking (which he did fairly heavily) and became someone I didn't want to be around. I quit for three years, but started back up for no apparent reason due to a social slip/personal faux pas. I know what it's doing to me, I can see the difference in my performance and everything in my life.

Soda, might as well mainline chemicals straight into my veins. There's really nothing redeemable about soda. It's bad for me, it taste soooooo good. I've got so much of a sweet tooth that I can eat cake frosting out of the container. Soda is an easy way to get a sugar fix. Not drinking the sweet poison makes me dislike myself almost as much as when I try to quit smoking.

Self destructive habits. I feel like I've been at the "grind" for so long that there doesn't seem to be a point to it. I'm not as dedicated to "the cause" as I use to be, I have a hard time sticking to new things. One week, not a problem; two weeks, sure why not; three weeks, what was I doing again?? I've gotten to the point where I do what I need to to get by with a little extra on top so "they" can't say I'm not putting out any effort. Really need to stop doing that. It's not fair to me and not fair to the people I work with. They deserve better.

Physical Fitness. I need to recheck my azimuth on this. My job requires me to do it, and then places "rules" on how I'm allowed to go about it. I think I'm just frustrated with the institutionalized mentality.

Maybe I just need to stop being a *****.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
Travis Loest

Profile:

warm up
3x 10 reps each
back extension
ghd sit up
overhead squat
dislocates
samson stretch dips

snatch 5x45 x 2; 5x55

workout
Snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
1. 95#
2. 105#
3. 115#(f/p-snatch) 115# good
4. 125#(f) 115#(f) 115# good
5. 115#
6. 115#(f) 115# good
7. 115#

my snatch is smaller than it use to be...
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #18
Travis Loest

Profile:

5 rounds
BW Bench Press + Max # Pull-ups

BW bench press (that's not going to happen)
I set the bar at 165#, fairly light v. my body weight but if I tried my body weight I'd have to have Ms. Cleo publish this note. I don't bench that much so with a little "concentration" on it, I'd imagine I could get to BW fairly quick, and if I can start shedding #'s of fat they'll meet somewhere in the middle.

165#x5 all rounds

pull ups 10-7-6-6-5

the first set of pull-ups really surprised me. I didn't expect to bang out 10 in a row, definitely pleased with that, three weeks ago I couldn't string 4 together. Grip seems to be a major issue, time to pull out the CoC and get to work on that. The other issue was space. The bar was a bit low, I could reach it from the ground flat footed, so it affected the way I kipped.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #19
Travis Loest

Profile:

I attempted to do the main sight WOD but about half of the way through each set I felt like I was going to throw up, seeing as how I just too my vitamins and misc. **** I didn't want to waste it. I feel like a train wreck.
Old 04-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #20
Travis Loest

Profile:

500m anyway possible (swim)
50m side stroke alternate at flip
50m forward crawl
50m forward crawl
50m freestyle
50m forward crawl
50m forward crawl
50m freestyle

I was most definitely feeling the push ups from this morning. I'm curious to see what swimming does to the broken foot. I didn't notice "pain" but definitely experienced some discomfort. Took me about 19 minutes, forgot to time the first 50m, but the second one took me two minutes. Not going full blast, I don't think I would have lasted the entire 500 if I took off. Had to take breaks between 50m, usually about 30 seconds or so. I haven't swam in over 2 years. Hell, the last time was when I was on recruiting and was at Ft. Benning for a school.