CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-31-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Alex Willess

Profile:
Pendlay Econ Bumper Plates

I got the 160lb set of Pendlay bumper plates from Muscledriver and upon initial inspection noticed some cosmetic defects on a 25lb plate but emailed just to make sure that this was within the norm. They assured me it would not affect the longevity of the plate and was of no concern, this satisfied me.

Today (about 2 weeks later) I went out to do the split jerks and noticed when I was about to load the bar that the steel insert on one of my 45lb plates was noticeably loose ( I can spin it around in the plate and move it up and down, back and forth, side to side, might be able to force it out) I immediately contacted Muscledriver and they said they would email me a shipping label and once they received it they would send out a new one. +1 for great customer service, lets just hope that it was a fluke and not a indicator for the rest of the plates.

If anybody else has this problem with the first run of econ plates let me know.

Note: I do not use any steel plates in combination with my bumpers, no do I drop them on cement (I have 3/4 in stall mats) and I don't lift a whole lot of weight either and they are used only with my pendlay bar.