CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 02-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
Brooks Dennis Ross

Profile:  
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have just started crossfit (Day #2), and am very excited. It seems like such a differnt workout regimen then I am used to, but I decided to give it at least one month to see if the benefits are what everyone claims they are. I found an article in the Feb. 2006 issue of "Men's Journal" that lead me to the CrossFit website. I can't stop logging on and learning. Have a great rest day tomorrow for those of you following the WOD!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
Peter Queen

Profile:
Hello Brooks, welcome to Cross Fit. It seems like MJ gets a lot of people to venture over to CF. I also found out about CF through MJ. You are right about CF’s workout style. It has brought to light a whole new way of exercising plus I can now get a much better and more efficient calorie burn in a lot shorter time. My overall endurance and recovery time has increased a lot more than ever and I have a marathon running background among other athletic endeavors. I am 45 and like you I am also a firefighter and I am in better shape than most of the 20 something members. Keep on what you are doing with your readings as you stated and check out the “Nutrition” section. That was the real key for me that finally kick started my whole fat shredding process once and for all. The only time I ever shredded fat was during my marathon training, but I have that type of fat burning process going on all the time now thanks to the CF workouts and nutritional information I have learned. The great thing about us is that we all continue to learn from each others successes and failures every day. That’s how we all grow in a positive direction. Good luck and again welcome.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:47 AM   #3
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Brooks, welcome to CrossFit!