CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #11
Chris Jones

Profile:
Re: Equipment Packages for New Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie McLendon View Post
I highly recommend them, and have been using equipment from FringeSport for almost 3 years. I started buying from them when I was training people out of my garage, and bought all of their gear when I opened my box over a year and a half ago . They have great customer service and high quality equipment. For those close enough to pick up in person they have local pick-up pricing that can save even more money. It may be worth it for you to drive to Dallas to pick stuff up. Just call or email them to get a custom quote.
Willie do you have any of their sleds? I was seriously looking at their Econ sled just to use for my garage gym. The thing that worries me is that it states in the description that it has a 400# capacity but the suggested load is only 135-180. They could be being overly cautious to play on the safe side, but it makes me wonder if the sled would really hold 200#lbs more than a time or two without having problems.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #12
Willie McLendon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
Willie do you have any of their sleds? I was seriously looking at their Econ sled just to use for my garage gym. The thing that worries me is that it states in the description that it has a 400# capacity but the suggested load is only 135-180. They could be being overly cautious to play on the safe side, but it makes me wonder if the sled would really hold 200#lbs more than a time or two without having problems.

The Econ prowler type sled is not as beefy as the commercial and I would not suggest putting more than 150# on it. We had one bend in the middle that was loaded up with about 250#.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #13
Josh Peabody

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Wyand View Post
I know Mike personally, so I am biased, but my garage and all of my friends with equipment at home have Maverick squat racks. They are an excellent quality.
I've been talking back and forth with Mike for a few days. He is very passionate about our sport and about our business. I am waiting to see a custom quote from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie McLendon View Post
I highly recommend them, and have been using equipment from FringeSport for almost 3 years. I started buying from them when I was training people out of my garage, and bought all of their gear when I opened my box over a year and a half ago . They have great customer service and high quality equipment. For those close enough to pick up in person they have local pick-up pricing that can save even more money. It may be worth it for you to drive to Dallas to pick stuff up. Just call or email them to get a custom quote.
Thanks for the input. I just can't get them to send me a quote!

Another serious contender right now is Get RX'd. Michael has been incredibly helpful. Going above and beyond to help answer questions, IMO.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #14
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Rep Fitness
Rogue Fitness
Again Faster
MDUSA

Top 4 I would look at and compare - I've purchased from all 4, and more recently Rep since I moved out to Colorado(local). Looked around on maverick, but it looks like they just resell a lot of pendlay/rage/mdusa stuff for bumpers/balls/rings/kettlebells, etc. and I can't believe they sell the troy kb's. I sent back 3 of those before I just asked for a refund because the paint was chipped horribly, bottoms were wobbly, etc. Stay far away from those kettlebells man.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #15
Andrew Daggon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hanover View Post
Rep Fitness
Rogue Fitness
Again Faster
MDUSA

Top 4 I would look at and compare - I've purchased from all 4, and more recently Rep since I moved out to Colorado(local). Looked around on maverick, but it looks like they just resell a lot of pendlay/rage/mdusa stuff for bumpers/balls/rings/kettlebells, etc. and I can't believe they sell the troy kb's. I sent back 3 of those before I just asked for a refund because the paint was chipped horribly, bottoms were wobbly, etc. Stay far away from those kettlebells man.
After using my rep bumpers for a year now, I actually really dislike when I use the rogue/pendlay econ or hg bumpers just because they are so much thicker and they are completely flat on the top so it's harder to pick them up when they are flat. But mostly it's how thick the 45s are.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #16
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Found another rig maker last night, mydynamicfitness.com (wfs).
Old 11-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #17
Josh Peabody

Profile:

We ended up going with a custom package from Get Rx'd. Mike has been absolutely great to deal with. We haven't finished setting everything up yet, but we got some of the bars and bumpers out, as well as a GHD. The bumpers are fantastic, they don't bounce as much as some other brands I have used. The bars are just plain awesome. The knurling is just perfect, and the spin is on point for me. The GHD is heavy duty, with pins for band resistance.

We also put together one section of the pull up rig, and it is sweet! The powder coating they use makes for a really good grip. I can't wait to get it all together!
Old 11-13-2014, 10:41 AM   #18
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Peabody View Post
We ended up going with a custom package from Get Rx'd. Mike has been absolutely great to deal with. We haven't finished setting everything up yet, but we got some of the bars and bumpers out, as well as a GHD. The bumpers are fantastic, they don't bounce as much as some other brands I have used. The bars are just plain awesome. The knurling is just perfect, and the spin is on point for me. The GHD is heavy duty, with pins for band resistance.

We also put together one section of the pull up rig, and it is sweet! The powder coating they use makes for a really good grip. I can't wait to get it all together!
Glad you like the Get RXd equipment Josh! We pride ourselves on custom equipment packages and pull-up rigs to fit your space, needs, and budget. Excited to see the pictures of the place