CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-02-2006, 01:27 AM   #1
Kurt Ronald Mueller

Profile:

Thinking about buying it... is it worth my money and if so, what brand should I get?

Kurt
Old 03-02-2006, 06:41 AM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
I like it. If you manage to find a source of grassfed meat it will be included in the price along with alpha lipoic acid and other goodies.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Get your naturally-occurring CLA from grassfed meats like Rob said (I like mine raw, I've seen some research that shows cooking doesn't supposedly harm the CLA, it does harm other factors though) or order some X-Factor High Vitamin Butter Oil (produced by www.greenpasture.org and for sale on my store at www.doctorasteacher.com for less than greenpasture's single jar retail) with plenty of CLA in it.

What's the difference between natural and synthetic CLA, you may ask? See here for a synopsis, an excerpt is below: http://www.meristem.com/clanetwork/cla06_08.html

Synthetic forms of CLA have been developed for both commercial supplements and research purposes, but many leading scientists believe the CLA found naturally in beef and dairy products may offer the best avenue for developing CLA health potential.

Many synthetic CLA products do not contain the specific isomers linked to health benefits and are therefore of questionable value. Also, there is some preliminary evidence that the synthetic form may be detrimental among subgroups of people at risk of diabetes or heart disease.

Studies to date have found no major negative implications for consumption of the natural CLA already found in dairy and beef products. Also, these products are known to contain the specific CLA isomers - CLA 9,11 and CLA 10,12 - which have been linked to health benefits.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #4
Peter Queen

Profile:
"CLA occurs naturally in foods such as milk, cheese, beef, and lamb as well as many processed foods. One processed food in particular that's high in CLA is Cheez Wiz."
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cla.html

Just found this on the web. So in other words, just buy a case of cheeze wiz and some unsalted crackers.:happy:
Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #5
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Save your money!