CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-14-2014, 05:25 AM   #31
Rob Darden

Profile:
Re: Bamboo Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tighe Crovetti View Post
I think I'm going to take the plunge on one of these DIY's, just to have at home and do some light work with. My other activity is baseball (men's league, not elite level, but lots of ex-college players and some that played farther, so it's pretty competitive), and while CF certainly prepares me in general for the physical demands, I am also a pitcher and want to take extra care of my shoulders. I'm not super-strong, and don't imagine I ever will be, but I do want to get stronger than I am, and do it gradually with a lot of stability strength, too. I think using a light bar like this for strict OH presses, bench pressing, OHS, etc.., as a daily routine would be a huge benefit. Given that, I think just a fiberglass tube, with some rings cut from a slightly larger tube, glued to create slots for the bands, is my ticket. Only question is, I have fairly large hands, I'm wondering if doing a 1.5" tube for the main section is the way to go? Would add a little grip workout, too?
1.5" is probably ideal. I have a 2" PVC pipe and you get a incredible forearm pump when benching with it.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #32
Tighe Crovetti

Profile:
Re: Bamboo Bar

Cool, thanks, Rob.