CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 08-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #561
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
20 reps is enough to ensure we are developing more than just maximal strength.
I think a lot of this is just training to get used to this suck. So long as it was only 1 20r lower body and upper body set a week, no biggie. I wouldn't do a 20 rep squat and a 20 rep dead each week. **** that. 20 rep push press, ok. 20r BS or DL are tough but they don't really kill you ( unless you do something like ascending 20r to find a max 20r ).

Overall, I think it's alright.

If you are very proficient in the Olympic Lifts, such as your technique is solid and you are hitting good numbers, twice a week might be fine. When one of the lifters wanted to switch into training for the CF season, that was our general consensus. Hit each lift heavy at least once a week in the same session or split sessions. His focus was regionals, but he was good for 110/150(5) as an 85/94.

I think another option if you are only going to do the lifts 2x/week would be to do one of the lifts as technique ( from the blocks, or Sn/Cn DL then from knee or a complex ) and the other going from the floor heavy. This is basically right from Glenn's beginner program. Either way is probably fine.

It sort of depends if your goal is just making Regionals or the Games. Obviously you will need some respectable totals for the Games, but Regionals not so much.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #562
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Carbohydrates, because they are steroids.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #563
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Carbohydrates, because they are steroids.
I just finished off some homemade strawberry/chocolate chip pancakes. I'm feeling very strong right now. LOL.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #564
Jeff Enge

Profile:

I had some really tasty cinnamon bread as a mid morning snack today. With butter! So at least I had the fats in there Also am going to have a crap-ton of baked yukon gold potatoes with dinner.

Because a diet to perform well athletically (aka utilize available energy sources in an efficient manner) is mutually exclusive with eating to be healthy (in which I'd assume you want to utilize energy sources in an efficient manner also...)

Old 08-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #565
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Also: http://cdn.memegenerator.co/instances/600x/40360567.jpg wfs

Old 08-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #566
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Lol, love third world kid

Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #567
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Butter on cinnamon bread is pretty good. Heck even without, it's good.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #568
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Butter on cinnamon bread is pretty good. Heck even without, it's good.
Cinnamon butter on white candy bread is even better. Like at Texas Roadhouse....

Today was day 2 at the new box for oly lifting. Signed all the paper work and put the credit card number down. Got 1/3 off the notmal rate cause the owner can tell that I will be valuable to him because I can help coach, and I can catch the bar in the bottom position (which the class has never seen except on youtube he said).

Should be a good time. Still going VERY light to avoid as much DOMS as I get. Expecting to be sore tomorrow.

In other news, i started the day the same way as always with my normal breakfast Ive had for the last 4.5 years, and for the first time, it wasnt enough. I was starving all day, even after a bag of chips at 10ish.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #569
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

well it looks as if i have missed some interesting chatter on the boards... for now i am just checking in to say hi. completed my second day of two a day conditioning sessions. BOOOOOOO. nothing else exciting to report. it finally stopped raining so i got to shot my bows a little. hunting starts in less than a month and i am pretty much ready to go. as for carbs, they don't make me fat, and i certainly wish they were effective like steriods.

i did get to go to a demo derby with my kids tonight. that was good family fun. not really my thing but the kids thought is was fun.

oh, let me just vent a little... i wish companies actually made and sold clothes that fit people that lift weights.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #570
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
Cinnamon butter on white candy bread is even better. Like at Texas Roadhouse....

Today was day 2 at the new box for oly lifting. Signed all the paper work and put the credit card number down. Got 1/3 off the notmal rate cause the owner can tell that I will be valuable to him because I can help coach, and I can catch the bar in the bottom position (which the class has never seen except on youtube he said).

Should be a good time. Still going VERY light to avoid as much DOMS as I get. Expecting to be sore tomorrow.

In other news, i started the day the same way as always with my normal breakfast Ive had for the last 4.5 years, and for the first time, it wasnt enough. I was starving all day, even after a bag of chips at 10ish.
agree about texas roadhouse bread and butter

and being able to eat more for breakfast, well i call that success!