CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #511
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
I believe it was the Guadalupe River.... but nope I haven't, what is that?
Good river to float.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
oh just a little dance hall in TX with some fairly decent local music... it's failry famous. LOL. and the steak house up the street is worth eating at too.
Yeah, it's worth a trip and it's NOT the stuff you hear on the radio, well actually there's a station in your area that IS that type of stuff, I think it's 92.1.

After looking at their schedule Friday the 16 of this month will be their best show. Jack Ingram's live show is the best fusion of country and rock you will see this month. Jack has always been my favorite performer for over 10 years now, and at Gruene he is on a whole other level. If I weren't going to be in Boston, I would be there. You'll need to get tickets ahead of time, I'm surprised it's not sold out already.

Just remember, it's a cash only kind of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
not a huge country fan but I'll have to check it out... (after googling it I feel kind of dumb). Every one here goes to a place called "Cowboys" but I haven't been there yet either.
Cowboys is alright. Been there many times. It's a meat market type place. Whenever I'm in town these days we hit up Wild West on the north side. Cowboys has more appeal than just the country crowd although all the country bars play rap at times.

Last edited by Andrew Bell : 08-05-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #512
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Quote:
although all the country bars play rap at times.
Horrid.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #513
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Horrid.

You might think that, but when you see some of the hotties out there dancing to it, suddenly you don't mind so much. Plus Houston is such a rap-centric city that everyone likes a little.

i remember moving from Dallas/Fort Worth back to Houston and the difference in music at the country bars. In DFW they would play some hiphop, but nothing I would consider "hard core rap". My first night out in Houston and the bar plays Lil' Wayne's Lollipop. I remember the spot I was standing in thinking to myself, yup, I'm back in Houston.

Old 08-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #514
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Well I have been MIA from the thread, I spent 7 hours Sat repairing our hog pin and getting another pig and My son got sick Sunday and My wife is taking him to the doc as we speak.

On a good note, my lifting shoes should be in today and I hit 340lbs for my daily single squat ( which was an ugly rep), rolled forward at the bottom onto the front of my foot and had to wait in the hole to get heels right then fight out of the hole. But got it.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #515
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
Well I have been MIA from the thread, I spent 7 hours Sat repairing our hog pin and getting another pig and My son got sick Sunday and My wife is taking him to the doc as we speak.

On a good note, my lifting shoes should be in today and I hit 340lbs for my daily single squat ( which was an ugly rep), rolled forward at the bottom onto the front of my foot and had to wait in the hole to get heels right then fight out of the hole. But got it.
Congrats on the 340. that was a huge milestone for me back in the day. going to be one again now that I'm working my way back up again....

Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #516
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Quote:
You might think that, but when you see some of the hotties out there dancing to it, suddenly you don't mind so much.
Very true.

Congrats on the 340. I don't remember when I hit 340, but I remember when I hit 330. I was super jazzed about it back then. 315 actually got me on the record board but 330 was nice.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #517
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
Congrats on the 340. that was a huge milestone for me back in the day. going to be one again now that I'm working my way back up again....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Very true.

Congrats on the 340. I don't remember when I hit 340, but I remember when I hit 330. I was super jazzed about it back then. 315 actually got me on the record board but 330 was nice.
Thanks, squatting is an addiction at the moment and is slowly going up and up.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #518
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Nailed a 190kg deadlift yesterday, just missed the 200kg though. Give me two weeks and I'll be at 205kg. Looking forward to breaking 450lbs.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #519
Nik Nichols

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearse Shields View Post
Nailed a 190kg deadlift yesterday, just missed the 200kg though. Give me two weeks and I'll be at 205kg. Looking forward to breaking 450lbs.
WOOooo, nice pull!!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #520
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

I am lucky I guess. It appears my body is insulin sensitive along with Jeff and Darryl. The rest of the board is just insensitive fatties LOLOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_m20d2zpUH11qlf5h2o1_500.gif
Views:	104
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	12640