CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 02-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
Matthew Vesey

Profile:
Re: 2pood Short Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bentz View Post
Thanks, Matt. Must be customs and probably first class shipping I think is what they use, which is slow.

Any reason you ordered the God Speed in Medium, versus the 3.0's? From the sizing info page, I thought they said they were sized similar. Unless you thought you might have to send something back, and just ordered extra to try them out.

I'm thinking about the Skeletor and Night, but that Mulitcam pair looks awesome too.
Got the Godspeed in that size for the reason you stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hollister View Post
This is awesome. I look forward to a review with pics. Not in a meat-gazing kind of way either, I just want to see how they fit on someone with quads.
For sure no worries!
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)
Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
Jason Bentz

Profile:

Thanks Matt. I placed my order too, and did the same thing. The pair that doesn't fit will be sold at the gym, hopefully, or sent back.

Was looking for a code, but after filling a cart, and starting the checkout procedure, was not able to locate one that worked, so thought I'd wait. Got an email shorty later with a coupon code, trying to sweeten the deal, lol. It worked. I'll review them too.

Wow, just got my shipment notification, that was fast!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #13
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

So the shorts FINALLY arrived after 23 Business Days (). I will add a few pictures for clarification ASAP.
What I can tell you right away:
Size Large (Freedom 2.0) and Skeletor 3.0
The Larges are pretty huge on me. That being said, I can tighten the draw string and make them fit snug. My legs fit just fine in them. They are super stretchy, light weight and very comfortable. I will add photos for comparison this evening or tomorrow.

Size Medium God Speed 2.0:
These also fit relatively baggy. I have heard they fit tight (This is for sure not the case). I have pretty big quads and find these are still loose on me. The waist is super stretchy so requires to be tied up pretty tight to fit as well. The positives of the above shorts are the same for these. I will add a photo of these as well for comparison.
Initially, I was afraid these shorts would fit like my Halloween Photo #1 Below . Thankfully they don't.

Base 2:
These fit like any other mid-range compression short. Not as good as the 2xu or other Big Dawgs, but still pretty good.

Verdict: If you are 32-34 the mediums would EASILY fit and would still probably fit people up to 36. The larges are stretchy like the mediums and would work for 32 (If you use the drawstring like I will be)-38. These shorts are super light, very comfortable, and seem to be well stitched and durable. I easily give 5/5 on Looks, Comfort, Feel, Quality. My only gripe is that the shipping moves like lava (HELLA SLOW!). That being said, they are worth the wait. I give these my stamp of approval!

Photo#1 and Photo#2(WFS)...Mostly. More Pics to follow soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	267677_10151240898939399_591742205_n.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	11790  Click image for larger version

Name:	2pood1.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	11791  
Age:24, Height: 5'10, Weight: 180, 5km Row: 17:15.3, 500m Row:1:23.6, BS: 440, DL:540, Press: 205:My Log(WFS)

Last edited by Matthew Vesey : 02-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #14
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vesey View Post
So the shorts FINALLY arrived after 23 Business Days (). I will add a few pictures for clarification ASAP.
What I can tell you right away:
Size Large (Freedom 2.0) and Skeletor 3.0
The Larges are pretty huge on me. That being said, I can tighten the draw string and make them fit snug. My legs fit just fine in them. They are super stretchy, light weight and very comfortable. I will add photos for comparison this evening or tomorrow.

Size Medium God Speed 2.0:
These also fit relatively baggy. I have heard they fit tight (This is for sure not the case). I have pretty big quads and find these are still loose on me. The waist is super stretchy so requires to be tied up pretty tight to fit as well. The positives of the above shorts are the same for these. I will add a photo of these as well for comparison.
Initially, I was afraid these shorts would fit like my Halloween Photo #1 Below . Thankfully they don't.

Base 2:
These fit like any other mid-range compression short. Not as good as the 2xu or other Big Dawgs, but still pretty good.

Verdict: If you are 32-34 the mediums would EASILY fit and would still probably fit people up to 36. The larges are stretchy like the mediums and would work for 32 (If you use the drawstring like I will be)-38. These shorts are super light, very comfortable, and seem to be well stitched and durable. I easily give 5/5 on Looks, Comfort, Feel, Quality. My only gripe is that the shipping moves like lava (HELLA SLOW!). That being said, they are worth the wait. I give these my stamp of approval!

Photo#1 and Photo#2(WFS)...Mostly. More Pics to follow soon!
How much were the base shorts?

And serious question, but where did you get your halloween shorts. I want something like that as a joke for when a buddy of mine works out at my garage gym for the first time. I dont even know what to search for when trying to buy something like that.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Jason Bentz

Profile:

LOL, well, don't take this the wrong way, but looking at your quads in your "costume," I'm now slightly worried that the larges I ordered are gonna be gigantic on me. We will see, but I doubt I will have enough interest to sell 3 pairs at the gym, if I feel they are that big. I did what you did, and ordered 3 of the larges, and one medium, so I may be sending those back, based on my findings.

I'd really like these to fit as well as possible, because I am actually getting rid of some other gear that I don't like, partially due to the size being a little too small (somewhat similar to your picture, LOL).

As far as I can tell, mine shipped Priority Mail, so they should be here at the latest on Wednesday, if not sooner, of course, I'm in the US, so that makes a difference not going through customs. Really digging the color of the Skeletor's. About as manly of a purple as they get!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #16
Jason Bentz

Profile:

Greg, from their web site, they are $34, if you buy a certain pair of the WOD shorts (noted on the page for the WOD shorts), you can get them for $24 though.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
Matthew Vesey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Light View Post
How much were the base shorts?

And serious question, but where did you get your halloween shorts. I want something like that as a joke for when a buddy of mine works out at my garage gym for the first time. I dont even know what to search for when trying to buy something like that.
Jason Beat me to the Price of Base shorts answer.
The sad/funny story behind the shorts are that they are my girlfriends Reebok CrossFit shorts of last year. The closest thing to them is this years version found here (WFS): http://http://shopcrossfitreebok.com...oardshort.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bentz View Post
LOL, well, don't take this the wrong way, but looking at your quads in your "costume," I'm now slightly worried that the larges I ordered are gonna be gigantic on me. We will see, but I doubt I will have enough interest to sell 3 pairs at the gym, if I feel they are that big. I did what you did, and ordered 3 of the larges, and one medium, so I may be sending those back, based on my findings.

I'd really like these to fit as well as possible, because I am actually getting rid of some other gear that I don't like, partially due to the size being a little too small (somewhat similar to your picture, LOL).

As far as I can tell, mine shipped Priority Mail, so they should be here at the latest on Wednesday, if not sooner, of course, I'm in the US, so that makes a difference not going through customs. Really digging the color of the Skeletor's. About as manly of a purple as they get!
No offence taken :P! I find the leg room in the Mediums and the Larges to be fairly similar. The larges are big on me at the waist. You might be pleasantly surprised when you get your shorts. I find there is only a small difference in size between mediums and larges. I am hoping to get pics up tonite.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 AM   #18
Chris Jones

Profile:

eh i dont care im just gonna say it- your "quads" or whatever you call those monsters on top of your knees are damn impressive.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
Jason Bentz

Profile:

Got my shorts yesterday. Very impressed with them.

The V3.0's that I got are all the same, except I got two sizes, medium and large. I will agree with Matt, in that there isn't a huge amount of difference in fit between them. What I noticed, is that they are slightly smaller in the mid-section/waist, which seems normal. If you have huge legs, these would be great shorts. For me, and my huge rear end, the larges just fit better, even though the mediums fit in the waist, they are just a little tight in the mid section. Another interesting thing is the material. I was expecting a tougher feeling material, but was surprised to find these have material similar to my Lululemon Run Response (hey, don't hate, I'm selling them to pay for these). Very soft, thin and light material. Slick on the inside, which is great for gliding over boxer briefs.

The multi-cam, also in large, fit me well. I like the closure of the V3.0's better, but these look a little cleaner on the outside. I like the heavy duty material these are made out of. Not that the V3.0's aren't durable, I had my Lulu's for over 2 years now, and they still look new, so hoping these will be similar. I like the stretch panels on the sides of these. Without the slits in the sides, it's kind of necessary to have them, especially when squatting.

Build quality seems really good, flat seams, and reinforcements in certain places. I like the waist band in all of them. Most other shorts I have had, do not fit me in the waist, because I have to size up to fit in them, and that is really annoying. The elastic in these closes the gap, and also makes it nice if you have to use the restroom. Don't even have to untie the 3.0's, the multi-cam's may be the same, not sure yet.

I did a WOD in my 3.0's yesterday, T2B, Power Snatch, and Wall Balls. They felt great for every movement. Did not have any issues. Only thing I noticed was hitting the tie strings on the bar when doing the snatches, but that was it. One of the tie strings on a pair of mine looks like they got damaged somehow, not sure how, but near the end of one side, looks like it is unraveling a little bit. I tried to burn it a little, but think they must be made out of 100% cotton, as that didn't help much. I don't think it will be an issue, but if it does get worse, I'll just have a tailor replace it (just sews on a single place on the back side of the closure, so not big deal).

So, as far as sizing goes, I'd say, if you have a normal sized rear end, you could go with regular sizing, otherwise, size one size up. I've attached some pictures. I like the way they did the closure on the 3.0's, there is a stretch panel on one side to let you into the shorts, then the drawstring and elastic take up the slack.

Very nice shorts for the money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 (Custom).JPG
Views:	589
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	11864  Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 (Custom).JPG
Views:	243
Size:	218.6 KB
ID:	11865  Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (Custom).JPG