CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 05-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:
Earndit - Money for working out!?

Earndit Rewards You for Exercising with Gift Cards and Other Real Rewards (WFS)

Earndit (WFS)

"Connect Earndit to a fitness tracking service or device and start earning points towards those rewards. Currently, Nike+, Fitbit, Foursquare (for checking into your gym), MapMyFitness, EveryTrail, Garmin, and BodyMedia FIT are supported. You'll earn points depending on the activity: 10 points per mile of exercise on foot (running/jogging or walking), 15 points per gym check-in per day, 3 points per mile biking, and so on." (WFS)

Link from Lifehacker - presented here for your thoughts on it. I can see it working for those of you that go to affiliates, but for el cheapo-s like me, who crossfit in my garage, I don't think becoming the mayor of my house is fair!

I read a few of the threads on the bodybugg and other "fitness" trackers, and don't think that they would do enough to make it worth it.

Can anyone see this being a viable way to get some free dough while working out?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Martin Rivera

Profile:
Re: Earndit - Money for working out!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Wheeler View Post
Earndit Rewards You for Exercising with Gift Cards and Other Real Rewards (WFS)

Earndit (WFS)

"Connect Earndit to a fitness tracking service or device and start earning points towards those rewards. Currently, Nike+, Fitbit, Foursquare (for checking into your gym), MapMyFitness, EveryTrail, Garmin, and BodyMedia FIT are supported. You'll earn points depending on the activity: 10 points per mile of exercise on foot (running/jogging or walking), 15 points per gym check-in per day, 3 points per mile biking, and so on." (WFS)

Link from Lifehacker - presented here for your thoughts on it. I can see it working for those of you that go to affiliates, but for el cheapo-s like me, who crossfit in my garage, I don't think becoming the mayor of my house is fair!

I read a few of the threads on the bodybugg and other "fitness" trackers, and don't think that they would do enough to make it worth it.

Can anyone see this being a viable way to get some free dough while working out?
Good find and thanks for sharing, I started the program today (05-31-12) once I get more involved I will update the thread with the positives and negatives if any.
<>< Philippians 4:13 thecubefitness.com (WFS) dsgear.com (WFS) virusintl.com (WFS)
Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: Earndit - Money for working out!?

I'm sure it's a viable way to fill your inbox with junk mail...

Katherine