CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #81
Brent E Harsch

Profile:
Re: Compression Gear

Mine are on the way and after reading these reviews I can't wait to get them.

FWIW, USPS is the best way to send stuff do us guys/gals that are at APO addresses. Priority Mail being the best and 1st Class 2nd since the time USPS guarantees is only to the port, then it's military postal after that so normal shipping for Priority Mail to Japan/Korea is about 1 week and 1st Class 1 week to 10 days. If shipped out of California, it can be as little as 5 days or Priority. Anyway, that's just a heads up for everyone who has a business and ships to APO addresses.
34/m/5'10"/215lbs/BF%UNK PR's CFT 785#/DL 375#/1Mile Run 6:21/2km Row 7:56/10K 1:00:52/400M 1:17/Accomplishments Burpee Mile
Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #82
John C Corona

Profile:

The Spun Compression socks are awesome! Im a size 10.5 w /14.5" calves and the mediums are good and tight, pretty much my size. I also got a large, and they are more comfortable to lounge in for sure, though I do lounge in the mediums. The spun shorts are very awesome too. I have the skins travel and recovery tights and they offer little compression in my calf area, very loose, but still the very comfortable. I am so addicted to wearing compression gear all the time. It's just comfortable.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #83
Ron Thurston

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Compression Gear

Received my Spun gear yesterday (short sleeve shirt, shorts and socks).

The material is very similar to the Skins A400 gear. It may even be the exact same material, I didn't check though. They felt about the same thickness and elasticity. The fit was right about the same as the Skins gear. The shirt was a tad bit tighter and the shorts were a tad bit more loose than my Skins gear but it all fit nicely.

I've never worn compression socks before but the moment I put them on, I felt a significant difference in how my lower legs felt. After a few minutes of wearing them I mentioned to my wife it was like wearing a foot/calf massage. My feet measure in at an 11.5, ankles are around 8.5" and calves are 17.5". The large fit great and you can really feel the support. Absolutely worth the price.

The shirt provides very good compression all around. The Skins feels more "targeted" but that is due to the way the shirt is stitched with the multiple panels. That's also why you pay out the nose for it. The Spun gear definitely provides more than adequate compression. I'm not sure if the "targeted" compression is that much better (or provides any benefit whatsoever) but I'm pretty sure, for the cost, the Spun gear wins hands down. I would definitely like to see a sleeveless version of the shirt. I'd buy it the day it's available. The shirt seemed to run a tad bit smaller than the Skins gear but still fit. I'd say if you're right in between sizes, go larger for more room (or comfort) or smaller if you want more compression.

The shorts also provided adequate compression. These seemed to run a little larger than the Skins gear. Same "targeted" comments as above. I think the only thing I'd like to see is a silicon bead around the bottom of the leg to keep them from riding up.

The graphic work on them is good. It will definitely stand out. I like the graphic on the sleeves, down the leg and across the back. The socks look really good. I had multiple people ask me where I got them so I passed on the website to them and told them about the price and quick delivery.

I know a lot of people already pay a good chunk to their box in membership fees so a quality product like this at a reasonable price is definitely something they want. You should be seeing some more orders from this area soon.

I'll be ordering another couple pair of socks this week barring my wife spending too much money, lol.

Very good product Greg. I think you'll have a lot of success with this line.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #84
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

My pants just arrived in the mail and Im sure impressed with quality, they are nice! I ordered the same size I wear in my Skins, so Im hoping they fit. Just waiting until my clients leave to try them on! They look a bit short, if so, I will be ordering another pair asap!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #85
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McIntyre View Post
My pants just arrived in the mail and Im sure impressed with quality, they are nice! I ordered the same size I wear in my Skins, so Im hoping they fit. Just waiting until my clients leave to try them on! They look a bit short, if so, I will be ordering another pair asap!
If the sizing is wrong at all just let me know and I will ship you out a replacement pair.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #86
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

Just tried them on, I think I need one size larger, but Im not sure. They seem good in length, but it seems they are kind of tight in the ***. Like when I squat a bit they tend to come down. Im wondering I will be yanking them up while I train?

Thoughts? I love them though Greg, they are amazing quality, and look great! Much better than the yellow stitching...
Old 05-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #87
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

They may be fine, Im 195 and 6'2....so any larger will be too big Im sure.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 AM   #88
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

I will give them a good test tonight Greg, I have a lot of training to do. Obviously Im not sending them back after that, but I may order a pair of Large anyway. I want to be sure. I think I will end up buying a few more pairs once Im sure of the size.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #89
Greg Light

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McIntyre View Post
I will give them a good test tonight Greg, I have a lot of training to do. Obviously Im not sending them back after that, but I may order a pair of Large anyway. I want to be sure. I think I will end up buying a few more pairs once Im sure of the size.

Thanks!
We'll take em back even after you've worn them if the size isn't right. We just want to make sure you're happy with what you get from us. Just let me know either way.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #90
Scott McIntyre

Profile:

Thanks Greg!