CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #1
Jubal Stokes

Profile:
main site programming

Just wondering if anyone knows who creates the main site WODs and what template or format do they follow?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:12 AM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: main site programming

Some combination of Tony Budding and Dave Castro.

No discernible template or pattern that I can identify.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
John Powell

Profile:

This is what they teach at L1, and say that they use. I've never bothered to go back and confirm though

http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf...F_Template.pdf (WFS)
Old 02-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

I know what they teach in L1s, but if you can find any rhyme or reason or progressions in any week+ stretch of mainsite programming, I'll buy you a beer.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #5
Jubal Stokes

Profile:

i know who dave castro is. not familiar with tony budding.

ive seen that template before and have used it when i do my own programming but it doesnt seem they follow that on the main site. thats why i ask this question. i was watching one of the old journal episode's and dave castro was talking about following your own program and said that the main site WOD offers the best results and alot of effort is put into the programming.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #6
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal Stokes View Post
i know who dave castro is. not familiar with tony budding.

ive seen that template before and have used it when i do my own programming but it doesnt seem they follow that on the main site. thats why i ask this question. i was watching one of the old journal episode's and dave castro was talking about following your own program and said that the main site WOD offers the best results and alot of effort is put into the programming.
Best results for what? CF.com is fine for GPP, but if you have specific goals you'd be much better off following a program tailored towards them.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #7
Jubal Stokes

Profile:

I agree that main site is focused on GPP which is my goal. i am just curious if it is the same people day in and out that are programming the main site WOD's or is it just a different person everyday coming up with the WOD they like.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
John Powell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
I know what they teach in L1s, but if you can find any rhyme or reason or progressions in any week+ stretch of mainsite programming, I'll buy you a beer.
Ya I've never checked, I just remembered it. We don't follow this pattern as we find it lacking in PL/OL and to be honest our members want a bit more of us than 5x1 Bench or the like

Like you said, I think it's a fine pattern for GPP. If this is your goal, there doesn't seem to be enough hours in a week, and this split will allow you to "touch" on everything, but certainly won't make you an expert on any.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #9
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

I have to to disagree with it being good programming for GPP. Not that following it wont get you good GPP but that its not the best for achieving said goal.

First off there is no programming involved. I will add the other 5 beers to Eric's one to make it an even six pack if you can't show any "LOGIC" to what is posted.

Mainsite had some logic and an actual template they followed back in the day. At some point it was put on auto pilot and I think perhaps a few dudes get drunk and laugh about the funny $hit they can make up and people will do it.

No matter what your goal is mainsite is not the best program to achieve it.

But, they do post up something for free and you can legitimately call it CrossFit. If you follow mainsite, you are in fact a CrossFitter.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #10
Jubal Stokes

Profile:

I don't know man I've done main site for the last 2 years and have seen pretty amazing results and continue to see results and PR's, and looking at the archives 2004 programming looks alot like todays if you ask me. Im not saying its the end all be all but it definitely works very well I might add