CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #81
Mike Johnson

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Another props thread for GetRX'd. I got my equipment over a month ago and wanted to give it a fair shake before I made a recommendation. I had an awesome experience working with Matt and Mike at getrxd.

There was an issue with the shipping company not delivering my bar with the rest of the pallet and Matt worked with them to get it figured out and kept me in the loop daily. It was less than 10 business days before everything came in and that was with a hang up.

As for the equipment I purchased a bearing bar, bumpers, kettlebells, slam ball and jump ropes. All of it is very high quality. The comp bar is awesome, easily one of the best bars I have used. I also got a mix of the heavy duty and light duty bumpers and would honestly say there really isn't that much difference between the two.

Good equipment, great service for an awesome price. I highly recommend them.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #82
Rolando Santos

Profile:

First person I've seen that got the kettlebell. Could you elaborate, what are they most like, CAP, Troy, Ader, how is the finish?

Any info would be appreciated, I've been looking for a whole set 16, 20, and 24 kg and this looks to be the best price around...
Old 03-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #83
Mike Johnson

Profile:

I'm not sure what brand they are like but they are pretty typical of what I have used at the various boxes I have been to. The pic on the web doesn't do them justice they are much nicer. The finish is a slightly textured flat black powder coat and the handles seem just a bit larger in diameter than other kbs I have used. They hold chalk well. I like them enough that I will be purchasing the 70 and 80 lb version soon.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #84
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson View Post
I'm not sure what brand they are like but they are pretty typical of what I have used at the various boxes I have been to. The pic on the web doesn't do them justice they are much nicer. The finish is a slightly textured flat black powder coat and the handles seem just a bit larger in diameter than other kbs I have used. They hold chalk well. I like them enough that I will be purchasing the 70 and 80 lb version soon.
Thanks for the review Mike. Any suggestions on how to take a better picture on the Kettlebells or any other products?
Old 03-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #85
Lee Watkins

Profile:

Another props to Get RXd. Bumpers, bar and kettlebells are great. would recommend there product to anyone and will be back for more.

Thanks Get RXd
Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 AM   #86
Jay Scott

Profile:

I'm looking forward to getting my order in. Speed rope, 23' Climbing rope, 35 and 53 lb KB. Can. Not. Wait.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #87
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Scott View Post
I'm looking forward to getting my order in. Speed rope, 23' Climbing rope, 35 and 53 lb KB. Can. Not. Wait.
Hey Jay,

Just wanted to make sure you knew that because the manilla rope is on backorder until end of March, that means your entire order does not ship until the end of March.

Someone should've contacted you about this but if you were unaware of this backorder, please e-mail us at sales@getrxd.com or give us a call at 713-460-8188!
Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #88
Mike Gin

Profile:

Anyone in Northern California (East Bay) want to do an order to save on shipping? I'm looking at placing an order when their comp bars are back in stock. Looking at slam balls and med balls too. PM me it interested.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 03-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #89
Jay Scott

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
Hey Jay,

Just wanted to make sure you knew that because the manilla rope is on backorder until end of March, that means your entire order does not ship until the end of March.

Someone should've contacted you about this but if you were unaware of this backorder, please e-mail us at sales@getrxd.com or give us a call at 713-460-8188!
Nope, didn't know that, but thanks for posting and letting me know. When I placed the order, the rope was out of stock until 3/15. Guess that has changed a bit. Oh well.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #90
Mike Johnson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
Thanks for the review Mike. Any suggestions on how to take a better picture on the Kettlebells or any other products?
I think the KB's pics are fine, it looks like you updated it from before? My one recommendation would be to have an additional picture of the barbells to show knurling and possibly the size differences between them.

There used to be a video of the comp bar and that was cool, but I can't find it anymore.

Did you guys recently change the diameter of the comp bar from 29 to 28?