CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #91
Corey Riedlinger

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Has anyone purchased the getrx'd abmats? I was just wondering how they compare the original abmats?

At half the price I figure you can't go wrong, but the picture looks like they might be sort of shotty. Trying to get some equipment for home and would love some input.

edit** with shipping they run for about the same
Old 03-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #92
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson View Post

There used to be a video of the comp bar and that was cool, but I can't find it anymore.

Did you guys recently change the diameter of the comp bar from 29 to 28?
The Comp bar should be listed at 28.5 mm on the website. We have 2 new bars added as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Riedlinger View Post
Has anyone purchased the getrx'd abmats? I was just wondering how they compare the original abmats?

At half the price I figure you can't go wrong, but the picture looks like they might be sort of shotty.
Our abmats use a denser foam and have a steeper angle. Some people like them more, some people like them less, it has varied from individual to individual. I have uploaded a new picture since the old one did make it look kind of shotty.

If anyone wants to preorder, We are offering a 5% discount with Discount Code "45days". Orders with this discount code will leave our warehouse at a maximum of 45 days.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #93
Corey Riedlinger

Profile:

Thanks Mike, I appreciate how active you have been on this thread. You have done a lot helped ease concerns and show praise to those that enjoy your products. I typically like using the abmats on the steeper side, I am definitely considering purchasing one from you guys!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #94
Jeff Ratliff

Profile:

I recently purchased some equipment from GetRX’d about a month ago. I wanted to give it a good beating before I posted up any reviews. I have listed everything I have currently bought from GetRX’d with a brief review. To give you a little background of how the equipment is being used I have been doing crossfit in affiliates box’s for about 2 years and just recently started buying some equipment and doing it in my garage with 2 other guys my wife and another girl. Someone is using the equipment probably 7 days a week with each person probably working out an average of 4 days a week.

Ab mat: At first I did not like the abmat because I thought it was too thick but after a few time of using it I really prefer it this way now. We also have an older ad mat from a different company and I believe everyone but maybe one person now prefers the GetRX’d abmat.

Industrial 10 lbs Bumpers: These plates seem great for the money! We have had people drop them repeatedly from overhead with smaller steel plates (saving money) on the bar and they have held up great.

Lite Industrial 10 lbs Bumpers: These plates are also great for the money but I would rather the Industrial for the $4 more. These tend to “waffle” a bit more than the Industrial but I think compared to some other plates I have used in Box’s they aren’t that bad at all.

Lite Industrial 25 and 35 lbs Bumpers: These plates are great and do the job well at a good price. I cannot say anything bad about these plates. These plates work well with our style of working out.

Kettle Bells: We currently have only the 35lbs but we are planning on buying the 53lbs and the 26lbs. The KB we have is flat black and the handle seems to fit everyone real well. These KBs love chalk and there is no seam that tears hands. For the price I don’t think you can get a better kb.

Bands: The girls use the bands for pull-ups. I have not tried them but they haven’t broke or hurt anyone so I would say they are a success.

Jump rope: I like the jump rope a lot. Some of the guys I wod with tend to pick up some of the non-cable type you may find a academy or ect. I did have an issue with the jump rope but it was my fault and Mike still helped me out and got be back going again.

As far as the shipping goes I cannot say as I only live about an hour away and I decided to just drive to pick up the equipment.

The customer service is Great! I will keep dealing with Mike and the crew as we build our little garage gym. We are planning on buying some men’s and women’s bars while the 5% off code is still working. I have looked at the bars in the warehouse and they look great for our style and bank role.

Sorry this got kind of lengthy. If anyone has any questions feel free to IM me.
-Jeff
Old 03-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #95
Brad Yeager

Profile:

[quote=Jeff Ratliff;1046803]
"Ab mat: At first I did not like the abmat because I thought it was too thick but after a few time of using it I really prefer it this way now. We also have an older ad mat from a different company and I believe everyone but maybe one person now prefers the GetRX’d abmat."

The main distinction between the AbMat® offered by the "different company" and GetRx'd's is that GetRx'd sells an imported knock off device they label as "AbMat" which appears to violate both the patent and registered trademark held by that "different company" making AbMats® in the United States. It appears that GetRx'd's intent is to profit on this product without compensating the product's inventor and the company that has invested 13+ years in the product.

If you want AbMats from authorized distributors, feel free to contact us toll-free at 888.330.7080 or e-mail us info@abmat.net. We'll gladly recommend a number of great companies.

Brad Yeager
Marketing Manager, Body Core
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #96
James lee

Profile:

Hey Mike,

I put in an order on the 11th but have not heard anything back about shipping. I sent an email to sales@getrx.com this morning but did not receive any communication back. please see attached.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-04-16 at 8.39.32 PM.png (72.0 KB, 327 views)
Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #97
Brian Blaston

Profile:

Anyone use a GetRx'd bar with York bumper plates?
Considering upgrading my bar...but want it to fit well.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #98
Brian Strump

Profile:

Mike,

The 5% discount is great, but I'm confused about the 45 days? If you have something in stock, could it possibly take 45 days to arrive?
Also, I've never gotten slamballs that needed air, what's the story here?

Thanks,
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
The Comp bar should be listed at 28.5 mm on the website. We have 2 new bars added as well.

Our abmats use a denser foam and have a steeper angle. Some people like them more, some people like them less, it has varied from individual to individual. I have uploaded a new picture since the old one did make it look kind of shotty.

If anyone wants to preorder, We are offering a 5% discount with Discount Code "45days". Orders with this discount code will leave our warehouse at a maximum of 45 days.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #99
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James lee View Post
Hey Mike,

I put in an order on the 11th but have not heard anything back about shipping. I sent an email to sales@getrx.com this morning but did not receive any communication back. please see attached.
Hey James,

Sorry about the delay, someone should've gotten in touch with you a couple days ago to update you on the status of the order. Let me know if that isn't the case. I believe your order was shipped recently. Tracking will be e-mailed to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Blaston View Post
Anyone use a GetRx'd bar with York bumper plates?
Considering upgrading my bar...but want it to fit well.
Brian,

Send an e-mail to sales@getrxd.com including where you're located. We'll look up some references in your area where you can check the bars out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Strump View Post
Mike,

The 5% discount is great, but I'm confused about the 45 days? If you have something in stock, could it possibly take 45 days to arrive?
Also, I've never gotten slamballs that needed air, what's the story here?

Thanks,
Brian
Hey Brian,

That promotion ended in March. We will have new promotions going on at various times in the future. Currently, there are volume discounts for certain order amounts. The slamballs don't necessarily need air, but air can be put into them if one chooses.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions! See you guys at South Central Regionals!!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #100
Jason Salfen

Profile:

I just opened up my shipment of kettlebells from GetRX'd.

One word: Disappointed.

The bells are welded (expected at this price), the finish is poor, and the handles all have very prominent seams. Did a few swings and snatches and could feel the seam scraping my hands.

I bought 400lbs worth of KBs that all need a lot of grinding and refinishing to be useable. Completely my fault for buying so many without getting a couple to test out first, but the price had me hooked.

Should have spent the extra money and bought some Ader, Rogue or Troy. Lesson learned.

Will not buy from GetRX'd again.