CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 11-04-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
Danny Edwards

Profile:
Results after 5 months

I got acquainted with Crossfit briefly in 2004 but did not adhere to any training regimine until I had a revelation in June of this year. I was way over weight, 250 on my 6 foot frame and my blood pressure was off the charts high. I am 37. That's when I told my doctor no to blood pressure meds and told him I'd get my *** in shape. I reaquainted myself with Crossfit.

In June I dusted off the old gymnastic rings I had bought, and almost never used, and hung them in my garage. I have a 3 car, and the third space is now our Crossfit gym. Bought weights, got the pull-up bar hung, and away I went. The WOD's about killed me, but I was dedicated and strict about my diet. It wasn't long before I started seeing results.

Now I am 5 months in, have dropped 35 pounds, am leaner and stronger than I've ever been and I am dedicated. I only post this because my only other dedicated Crossfit partenr is my wife (and she's doing great as well), but I have no other "community" to share with. Certainly no one that would understand what we go through. I post this because I want to thank Mr. Glassman for providing all the tools necessary to get fit, fit beyond any previous notion of the word, for free. I am eternally grateful. As you would expect, the blood pressure is amaxingly good now.

The WOD's still crush me, but I look forward to them and the challenge. Thanks again for helping me change my life.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Renata Speranza

Profile:
Re: Results after 5 months

Hello!

Nice work! Congrats.

How much did you workout and did you change your eating habits drastically?

Well, anyway. Super result! Be proud of yourself!

Keep on going!! CrossFit has changed my life and I don't want to look back.

Greetings from Switzerland
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #3
Patrick Artemisio

Profile:

That's awesome, congrats!

Do you have any other form of measuring your progress like inches or pictures? Have you been doing the main sight WOD or a scaled version so far?
Old 11-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
Danny Edwards

Profile:

I have followed a paleo diet and have done the main site WOD. At first scaled, but certainly now in their entirety. Times are better in some of the "girls" than others.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Jon Schell

Profile:

Danny,

I was in a very similar situation. I'm 6'2 and was almost 300lbs this time last year. My blood pressure was also medication worthy but I refused it.

Long story short: Today I'm 229lbs thanks to Crossfit and Paleo.

Good job at keeping with it in your garage. I really embrace the community at our local box. I dont know that I would've made it this far without them.