CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #31
Liz Stanley

Profile:
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Travis View Post
A Nikon D7000 typically takes a much better looking picture than a kodak disposable. A good teflon nonstick pan typically does a better job of cooking an omelet than some other pans.
Sure ... in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. The camera doesn't take the picture, and the pan doesn't do the cooking. It's the skill of the person using the equipment that makes it work. Which is the whole point behind my pet peeve.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #32
Amanda Henry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Travis View Post
A Nikon D7000 typically takes a much better looking picture than a kodak disposable. A good teflon nonstick pan typically does a better job of cooking an omelet than some other pans.
People who discredit other people's pet peeves
Old 01-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #33
Liz Stanley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Henry View Post
People who discredit other people's pet peeves
Not the case here ... he didn't discredit my pet peeve at all! How about, "unsuccessfully try to discredit someone else's pet peeve?" ;D
Old 01-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #34
Amanda Henry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Stanley View Post
Not the case here ... he didn't discredit my pet peeve at all! How about, "unsuccessfully try to discredit someone else's pet peeve?" ;D
Old 01-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #35
Christy Labrie

Profile:

Quote:
-True story: One time someone asked me a stupid question, so I sent them to lmgtfy.com (WFS), and then they asked me how I made that. So I then I had to actually send them to http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=lmgtfy.com (WFS) .
I love this site. LOVE IT!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #36
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Guy who is sitting at the bench press/squat rack texting between sets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Allen Pagel View Post
why would that bother you?
Well, if someone has a bar racked in the squat station and is hanging off the bar texting, instead of lifting - it takes him or her longer to complete the sets they are working on. That means I am waiting for the equipment longer. Which means I dont get my excercises done as fast as I would like. Which is a peeve of mine. Didnt think that one would require an explanation.....

Quote:
..."unsuccessfully try to discredit someone else's pet peeve?" ;D
Liz - excellent multi-use post there!
Old 01-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #37
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Rader View Post
I guess this is kind of a piggy back off of the "seen at globo gym" thread. What is your biggest pet peeve that people do when it comes to fitness (nutrition/workouts). Mine would be either - loading the bar w/ plates, then only going half way down on squats. Or, people who only do upper body lifts.
How does them doing these things effect you? If you want to have pet peeves, fine, I like mine to be on those that actually effect me in some way.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #38
Miguel Angel Cortes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan McGaha View Post
also can't stand when people watch me play guitar and immediately ask, "You must be GREAT at guitar hero."
Wait, wait, wait....so you are NOT great at guitar hero? Completely kidding.

Quote:
In general, people who want to be hand held. I enjoy helping people, and there are many occasions where I ask for help myself. But put some effort behind your request for help, make an attempt to understand the problem and ask an intelligent question. Otherwise I'll be forced to send you to http://www.lmgtfy.com/ (WFS) .

-True story: One time someone asked me a stupid question, so I sent them to lmgtfy.com (WFS), and then they asked me how I made that. So I then I had to actually send them to http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=lmgtfy.com (WFS) .
This cracked me up. Thanks for the link! I have never heard of this before.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #39
Jay Mulder

Profile:

People who constantly complain about something but never actively try to fix it. This applies to life in general but weight loss / getting in better shape is a particular complaint I hate.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #40
Miguel Angel Cortes

Profile:

Serious now. These are my pet peeves:

1) Pessimists, The Victims, The Excusers & The Quick Fixers - all these fall under the same group because they are usually lazy, always right, never want to do work and expect full results.

2) Big Group of Gossipy Gym Guys - A sausagefest of muscled chickens. They yack and yack and yack then lift a set and yack again just to repeat the routine!

3) Cell Phones, Magazines, Slurpies & Slobs - Just being inside the gym doesn't mean you will get results. On the other hand, if you can lift the weights from the rack I am sure you can lift them right back.

4) I'm Not Fit Enough - Someone already mentioned this but it is a huge pet peeve of mine for people to want change but are ashamed of doing the work. Then they dwell at home drinking beer, a burger, chicken wings and give me the dirty look because I had to pass by the gym before joining them.

5) Those Who Can't Take A Joke - I love to laugh and it bothers me when people are too stuck up to even smile.

NOW TIME TO DANCE!