CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 01-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #21
Jon Gregory

Profile:
Re: Biggest Pet Peeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Mannella View Post
-People at the gym that walk at a snails pace on the treadmill forever reading a book while I wait for one to be free so I can actually do a REAL run.
I feel that pain!!

It peeves me that I can grow hair anywhere on my body with consummate ease but have a rapidly developing patch on me head that's given up!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #22
Christy Labrie

Profile:

I dont have many.
However, my biggest peeve is the dumb lazy fools who dont put their cart in the little cart holder when they are done--just leave it out there in the parking lot. Grrr

Oooh, and the people who keep telling me how to get pregnant and want to discuss why I havent gotten KU yet (Got married in June- it is a hot topic now...).--that one was for the ladies

Last edited by Christy Labrie : 01-20-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #23
Christine Parry

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Labrie View Post
I dont have many.
However, my biggest peeve is the dumb lazy fools who dont put their cart in the little cart holder when they are done--just leave it out there in the parking lot. Grrr

Oooh, and the people who keep telling me how to get pregnant and want to discuss why I havent gotten KU yet (Got married in June- it is a hot topic now...).--that one was for the ladies
Holy crap. I can't stand that. Half the supermarket parking lot is unusable spaces because someone just left their cart there. Even worse are the people who let their carts roll into my car.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #24
Allen Tluczek

Profile:

People who talk on the phone at a checkout or cashiers line.
The person who occasionally takes the space I usually park in at my apartment.
Slurping the milk off a spoon when eating cereal.
The sound of aluminum cans opening.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #25
Bryan Kemper

Profile:

One of my biggest peeves is winter snow covered parking lots. Do you really have to leave a four to six foot gap between cars? This reduces the totally parking capacity by sometimes 25 to 50%. I don't care about parking close, just the ability to get into a parking lot and find a space.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #26
Richard Allen Pagel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Guy who is sitting at the bench press/squat rack texting between sets!
why would that bother you?
Old 01-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #27
Jason Wallis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Labrie View Post
I dont have many.

My wife has had to deal with the KU thing for years. We have one daughter and will never be able to have more. People that don't know ask why we don't have more far too often, when they're missing a good opportunity to STFU.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #28
Rene' Hardee

Profile:

When someone says to me, "I would go to your gym, but I need to get in shape first!" Blows my mind! It's like saying, "I would go to the doctor, but I need to heal first!" It makes absolutely no sense???!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:23 PM   #29
Liz Stanley

Profile:

People who ask me a question and then interrupt me (or worse, start talking to someone else) when I'm in the middle of answering it. If you don't want to listen to my answer, then don't ask the question.

People who look at a photo I've taken and say "you must have a nice camera!" That's like complimenting someone on their cooking skills by saying "you must have nice pots and pans!"

In general, people who want to be hand held. I enjoy helping people, and there are many occasions where I ask for help myself. But put some effort behind your request for help, make an attempt to understand the problem and ask an intelligent question. Otherwise I'll be forced to send you to http://www.lmgtfy.com/ (WFS) .

-True story: One time someone asked me a stupid question, so I sent them to lmgtfy.com (WFS), and then they asked me how I made that. So I then I had to actually send them to http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=lmgtfy.com (WFS) .
Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #30
Michael Travis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Stanley View Post
...People who look at a photo I've taken and say "you must have a nice camera!" That's like complimenting someone on their cooking skills by saying "you must have nice pots and pans!"...

A Nikon D7000 typically takes a much better looking picture than a kodak disposable. A good teflon nonstick pan typically does a better job of cooking an omelet than some other pans.