CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Chris Streeter

Profile:
Food / Nutrition Log and Planners

I was hoping to find some suggestions and references for a good food log and meal planner. I've searched around online, but haven't found a great free solution. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good spreadsheets, documents or templates I can use to log what I eat and also to plan what I'm going to eat. Or even a good website with decent mobile access? I want to plan my meals for the week ahead as well as log what I actually end up eating. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Jay Cohen

Profile:
Re: Food / Nutrition Log and Planners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Streeter View Post
I was hoping to find some suggestions and references for a good food log and meal planner. I've searched around online, but haven't found a great free solution. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good spreadsheets, documents or templates I can use to log what I eat and also to plan what I'm going to eat. Or even a good website with decent mobile access? I want to plan my meals for the week ahead as well as log what I actually end up eating. Thanks!
What's wrong with Fitday? About 1.5 years later, works fine for me and it's FREE.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
J. Thomas Boss

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Streeter View Post
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good spreadsheets, documents or templates I can use to log what I eat and also to plan what I'm going to eat.
Chris, I've been using The Daily Plate on (WFS) Livestrong.com for a couple of years, and it's been a staple of my successful weight control endeavors.

(WFS) http://www.thedailyplate.com

Some of my colleagues like FitDay, some of them like TDP. Attached is a "manual" basic food log (WFS) issued by Air Force health and wellness centers to help people keep track of calories.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Food_Record.doc (37.0 KB, 275 views)
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Jeff Kilinski

Profile:

I used MyFoodDiary.com for a couple of years but that was primarily for weight loss. I hooked up with the few men on the site and we challenged ourselves over the months and we had alot of success. I lost 30 lbs and one of the guys lost 100. I wasn't crossfiting at the time.

I've been crossfiting since Nov 08 and just recently made a bigger committment to the zone. I too couldn't find anything convienent for me. Since I'm at a desk a good part of the day I can leave a spreadsheet open and quickly jot down what I ate. It doesn't do any good for planning unless you log ahead of time. It calculates my block ratios if I give it the block qty. On one of the tabs I've listed zone friendly foods and their blocks. Since MFD I've had to relearn quantities going from gms and calories to blocks and ratios. I've uploaded the file. As you can see I'm still not zoning as good as I can be.

Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: email zone.xls (79.0 KB, 190 views)
Old 10-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
Jae Chung

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cohen View Post
What's wrong with Fitday? About 1.5 years later, works fine for me and it's FREE.
It ****es me off that it won't let you have a weight gain goal, only weight loss. WTF

But other than that, it works.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
J. Thomas Boss

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Chung View Post
It ****es me off that it won't let you have a weight gain goal, only weight loss.
The Daily Plate allows the user to calculate calorie intake needed for desired weight loss and weight gain, in addition to maintaining current weight