CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
Dagan Stafford

Profile:
North Orlando Area

Looking for some training partners to hook up with and do WODs. Looks like there are some great affiliates in the area that I plan to check out. That said, my finances suck at the moment, and I am looking for work. It will be a little while before I can add gym fee back into the budget. I would imagine there are others in the same boat.

I am fairly new to crossfit. Heard about the site when I was in minimum standards at Central Florida Fire Academy. When I checked it out, I could not believe it. Its like I finally found someone who got my approach to fitness. I coach gymnastics and still manage to throw some skills at 35. I also train MMA and it seems like crossfit is the best strength and conditioning program I could ever imagine to enhance those sports.

I always do better with someone to push me. Also struggling some cause I don't have access to weights or some other equipment. If there is anyone out there who wants an enthusiastic training partner, let me know. I live in Altamonte Springs, very close to Altamonte Mall.

Grace and peace.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #2
Brian Solar

Profile:
Re: North Orlando Area

I live in the lockhart area and work out at my house. Wouldn't mind an extra person. Have rings, bar, Squat rack, pull-up bar, dumbbells, and iron weights. Don't have bumpers but I still bail the bar down on the dirt in my backyard.

Last edited by Brian Solar : 03-30-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Dagan Stafford

Profile:

Sounds like you have a pretty good setup there. I appreciate the offer. Whats your schedule like? Mine is kinda weird right now. I work in the afternoons, so I try to work out in the mornings. On Saturdays, I work in the morning so I am free after 2PM.

I have to go to Miami for a meet this weekend. I am taking off on Thursday, back on Sunday. Maybe we can schedule something for next week. Drop me a PM with some contact info if thats cool.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #4
Dagan Stafford

Profile:

Looks like our schedules don't synch up too well. Anyone else out there? Anyone know if the affiliates do open gym days or park training?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
Leonid Soubbotine

Profile:

We do some CrossFit in the Park, Hooverball or sometimes a free for all WoD.

We're planning on a CF in the park with Hooverball on the first weekend of May - you're welcome to join us.

Also we run workshops and seminars and charge very minimal for non-members - generally $25 for a 2 hr inhouse gig. In the last couple of months we had gymnastics, CF Foundations, Nutrition & Olympic Lifting. In April we're not going to have any due to CF Games qualifier and Oly Meet (about 6 of our folks are lifting!).

In May we're planning on a two seminar Saturday Mid May - Gymnastics (Basic Handstands & Tumbling) + CFT Lifts (Squat, Deadlift, Press). 2 hrs each. You can attend one, other or both.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Dagan Stafford

Profile:

Wow, thanks for the info Leonid. Can't wait to check out your facility. Never played Hooverball before, but I would love to try. The seminars sound really cool too. I will definitely drop by and get some info from you. Looks like you are really close by.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:34 AM   #7
Toby Oldham

Profile:

Crossfit Orlando opening soon on Edgewater Drive about a quarter mile north of Edgewater High School.