CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #51
Gus Gallagher

Profile:
Re: Announcing the EXF Rings

i ordered a few sets of these all the way to perth, australia!

lookin forward to testing them out! myself and the other athletes that are getting some will have better rings than our box now heh heh
Old 10-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #52
Lara Lewis

Profile:

Since I have nothing better to do on a Friday night...

This evening I finally made my way to Lowes to buy some pipe and fabricate some extensions to make the doorway pullup bar I bought (Iron Gym, I think it's called) fit in the extra wide doorway in my BOQ room. Once I got the bar set up in the doorway, I tried hooking up my new EXF rings.

The instructions included with the rings were a little unclear, but the video on www.ringtraining.com/setup (wfs) was easy to follow. The markings seem to be pretty much spot on, and they do make it easy to get the rings to the same height. I am already liking the rubber texture, which I didn't even think I'd be interested in.

The main reason I bought these rings was because I usually use my rings at nearby parks and playgrounds, hanging them on swingsets, jungle gyms, and pullup bars. I used to spend as much time attaching the rings and adjusting them as I did actually working out. The S-hooks definitely solve the problem.

Great product Tyler, and great customer service getting the corrected straps out to everyone. With my new pullup bar set up in my room, I know these rings will be getting a lot of use!

Old 10-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #53
Alex Woodland

Profile:

So if you hand these the "old school" way do you till have to incorporate the S buckle?

I'm just going to set these up permanently on my indoor ring frame.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #54
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Hey Alex,
You don't have to use the S-buckle. There is also "legacy mode", which functions just like the old straps. You can watch the setup video here: www.ringtraining.com/setup (wfs)
It goes over the different methods.

Lara,
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you're enjoying the rings. Let me know if there is any way I could make the printed instructions more clear.

Thanks,
Tyler
ringtraining.com (wfs)
Old 10-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #55
Sam Ser

Profile:

just want to say that tyler's approach to customer service is extremely refreshing. wish everyone did it this way!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #56
Joshua Gutierrez

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Hass View Post
Hi Joshua,
It looks like yours shipped out this morning. You should receive a tracking number via e-mail soon. We have been a bit slow this week in getting orders shipped out, mostly because we are inspecting the straps.
Thanks,
Tyler
Sweet, I got the email. No worries, I'd rather have my packet be right than rushed. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #57
Andrew H. Meador

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Ser View Post
just want to say that tyler's approach to customer service is extremely refreshing. wish everyone did it this way!
Yeah, I think that's the biggest seller after that multi-grip surface. I'm ordering a pair.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:49 AM   #58
Allan Nathan

Profile:

Hi Tyler,
Received your rings 2 weeks ago,but still havent recieved the eBook.Any idea when that will be available?

Thanks,

Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Hass View Post
I just posted an excerpt of my new book, Ring Training for Elite Fitness. It covers Extended Set Training, which is a great method for achieving higher reps in just about any exercise. It's a relatively low volume approach, so a CrossFitter can squeeze it into their routine if they have a specific goal to work on.
Here's the link: http://www.ringtraining.com/blog/tra...-training.html

The eBook will be included with every order of EXF Rings. I'm putting the finishing touches on it now, so I should have it ready to e-mail early next week. The EXF Rings started shipping last Thursday, so hopefully people will receive the guide at about the same time as their rings.
Thanks,
Tyler
www.ringtraining.com
Old 10-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #59
Tyler Hass

Profile:

Hi Allan,
The training guide from the Elite Rings is available for download still, either on the "thank you" page after you order or from the link in the order confirmation e-mail. I'm putting the finishing touches on the new eBook and I will probably have it ready to send to everyone by wednesday.
Thanks,
Tyler
Old 10-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #60
Aaron Gainer

Profile:

Are these as easy to adjust as the rogue straps? Just wondering because I am looking for another set that is a) lighter b) easy to setup up like my rogues, and c) doesn't run me 100 bucks!!!