CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #21
Brendon Mahoney

Profile:
Re: Practical Programming for Hypertrophy

Thanks, Steven. I'll check this out.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #22
Craig Adams

Profile:
Re: Practical Programming for Hypertrophy

I do appreciate all dicussion of theory and any post that leads to thoughtful dicussion is good, so thanks to all for their thoughts and individual perspectives.

I am hearing that although there are many paths to the different types of hypertrophy and that some paths are faster than others, possibly at the expense of other factors of fitness. For sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, total volume, density, load, then specific set/rep schemes of 3x12, etc. are important in that order with the last being fairly unimportant as long as the first three are set up correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Higgins View Post
Just curious Craig, are you looking to incorporate any WODs/metcons into your program?
Daniel, I am truly looking for sarcoplasmic hypertrophy as Tom said, and again go back to the original 3 parameters of Rip's advice on what he has seen work best for his clients who gain mass the fastest. Problem is I just can't do all three. Oh, thx for the advice on specific programs, I'll check em out.

To address your curiosity - once a week I do a metcon WOD or go to a level2 Krav Maga class. Then on Saturday morning I do a running specific WOD such as a 5K or timed 400, 800, or 1600s. Or if the weather is disagreeable (because I didn't get out early enough and it is 100 degrees out at 10:30am) a 2k on the C2 with some heavy bag work.