CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
Brian Cretul

Profile:
Ten Weeks to Ten Hundred Burpees

I know there are a couple different burpee challenges going on but I though this one incorporated a good cause. Check out the Facebook club "Ten Weeks to Ten Hundred Burpees".

www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=94514875804ALL LINKS MUST INDICATE WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE WORK AND FAMILY SAFE!

Here is the a quote from the site

It is my intention to gather as many hard-core, pipe-hitting MFs to join me on a ridiculous burpee adventure and raise some money for our brothers who have truly paid the man. During the course of ten weeks, we will progress from doing 100 burpees (spread out however over the course of the week) during the first week to 1000 burpees on the tenth week. It will start off fun, high-fives all around. It will quickly grow mildly annoying. Then, it will get silly. At the end of it all, you will be stronger, faster, and possibly even a little more attractive to the opposite sex. I am also hoping that we can individually solicit sponsors from generous friends and family who believe in our cause, the Wounded Warrior Project, and enjoy watching us suffer. If you can get 20 people to sponsor you one penny per burpee, you will raise over $1000 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

This group was started by a friend who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan

Last edited by Lynne Pitts : 06-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.