CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
John Schroeder

Profile:
Progress check - month two.

When I first posted my new years resolutions progress check I thought I might continue each month so as to log progress, or lack there of. This is the second installment.

1) Strict Zone diet. This continues, with occasional cheats. My weight is now low enough (225-230). I am trying to dial in the right maintenance strategy.

2) Obtain 15 dead hang pullups. Got these, the goal is now twenty. Got 17 kipping PU the other day. Seem to be stuck (again) at 13-15 dead hang PU. Everything helps but progress is just soooo slow. Possibly the hormonal millieu (sp) that Rip speaks of. Going to try to shock my system in March. Going to try the Armstrong Method for a few weeks and see what happens.

3) Get prepped for handstand pushups. I continue to work these every time I pass a suitable wall at the weight room. A full HSPU is still a ways off. Clearly I need to develop more shoulder strength (yes my shoulder press max sucks). I currently get about 1/3 of the way down and back up. Can do it 3-4 times.

4) Get prepped for muscle ups. Got the muscle up!. Surprised the **** out of me. No new goal. These will come along with practice and success at 2).

5) Don't miss any metcons. February was a bad month here. Had a bit of a metabolic crash from rapid weight loss. Needed some rest to straighten this out. Also had a week of business travel. Hopefully I will be able to return to program in March!

6) No more subbing rowing for running. Success continues. I can now hit 10 mph on the treadmill for a full 400. POSE form seems OK at slower paces (6-8mph). 10 mph is tough - need to work form here and try to get more than one of these 10 mph babies in a given WOD. Running outside is still at least a month off.

7) Get my CFT up to 800. Work continues. Don't plan another CFT for about six weeks - unless one is posted on the MP. Going to give the CFSB program a six week try. See if that will kick me over the top.