CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Greg Myers

Profile:
Greg's Workout Log

Although I have been Crossfitting for about 4 months now I'm just beginning this workout log to track my progress.

My stats before I started Crossfit:

37 yr, M, 6'3", 288

After 4 months of Crossfitting:
37 yr, M, 6'3", 256 -- Not surprising that I'm still a 6'3" male.

Yesterday's WOD:

Thrusters: 1-1-1-1-1-1-1
Loads: 135-155-175-175-185-185-196(Fail)

Today's WOD:

With a continuously running clock do one pull-up the first minute, two pull-ups the second minute, three pull-ups the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

I was able to complete 5 minutes worth and got 5 pullups in the 6th minute. These were all assisted pullups using a bicycle tube. We are all working on getting our pullups stronger.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #2
Kerry Guere

Profile:
Re: Greg's Workout Log

Good to see you on here, finally!!

Great job on thrusters and pull-ups.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Bob Guere

Profile:

Your workout log has a boring name. Zzzzzzzzzz.....
Old 11-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Bob Guere

Profile:

I will post here for the regular board members who might stumble across this log...

Greg and his wife Kristie have been CFing with Kerry and I for about 4 months, and let me say publicly, they're kickin' @ss and takin' names.

Greg's strength has been on a vertical slope since day 1 and shows no signs of stopping. Kristie has killer times on the metcons, she blows us all out of the water every time.

These two are great workout partners and keep Kerry and I motivated.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #5
Greg Myers

Profile:

Today's WOD:

Michael

3 Rounds for time:

Run 800 meters
50 back extensions
50 situps.

I beat my last time by a little more than 3 minutes so that's another PR for me at 25:16. Hopefully the PR's keep comin'. My wife and I are going to start the paleo/zone diet here pretty quick so I'm looking forward to seeing what that brings.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:45 AM   #6
Bob Guere

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Myers View Post
Today's WOD:

Michael

3 Rounds for time:

Run 800 meters
50 back extensions
50 situps.

I beat my last time by a little more than 3 minutes so that's another PR for me at 25:16. Hopefully the PR's keep comin'. My wife and I are going to start the paleo/zone diet here pretty quick so I'm looking forward to seeing what that brings.
Maybe you guys sticking to paleo/zone will help us stick to it better too!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #7
Greg Myers

Profile:

Yesterday's WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

10 Pullups ( Jumping )
10 Thrusters, 65 lbs

I got ten rounds in. Yesterday was definitely an off day for me. I felt really sluggish. I think it's because I just started following the paleo/zone diet and my body is still adjusting... at least that's according to some other testimonies I have read. I hope it goes away pretty soon because I'm really craving BIG JUICY double western bacon cheeseburgers!

Bob,

Well, hopefully we'll be able to help each other stick to this diet when we get together on the weekends. As long as we can still drink a couple of beers I think we'll be okay. My biggest problem is getting enough carb blocks eating vegetables. Today I am eating all my carb blocks in grapes, actually, I brought some apricots for my snack and I ate scrambled eggs and salsa for breakfast. Eating 120 cups of spinach is just not feasible. I'm still trying to figure all of this out!! I did start this day out feeling better than I did yesterday so hopefully that trend continues.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #8
Bob Guere

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Myers View Post
Yesterday's WOD:

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

10 Pullups ( Jumping )
10 Thrusters, 65 lbs

I got ten rounds in. Yesterday was definitely an off day for me. I felt really sluggish. I think it's because I just started following the paleo/zone diet and my body is still adjusting... at least that's according to some other testimonies I have read. I hope it goes away pretty soon because I'm really craving BIG JUICY double western bacon cheeseburgers!

Bob,

Well, hopefully we'll be able to help each other stick to this diet when we get together on the weekends. As long as we can still drink a couple of beers I think we'll be okay. My biggest problem is getting enough carb blocks eating vegetables. Today I am eating all my carb blocks in grapes, actually, I brought some apricots for my snack and I ate scrambled eggs and salsa for breakfast. Eating 120 cups of spinach is just not feasible. I'm still trying to figure all of this out!! I did start this day out feeling better than I did yesterday so hopefully that trend continues.
Dude, if you can eat veggies, and I can eat mushrooms... we can do anything.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
Greg Myers

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
Dude, if you can eat veggies, and I can eat mushrooms... we can do anything.
Me eating vegies... I never would have thunk it either!!

I really want to start posting the day of the WOD but laters better than never.

Yesterday's WOD:

5 rounds for max reps of:

Bench Press - Body Weight ( I used 185 lbs )
Reps - 7 7 6 4 3
Pullups - ( I used an assistance band ( bike tube ) )
Reps - 7 6 6 6 5

I managed 185 lbs but I weigh about 255 so I can't wait until my weight and strength come together there somewhere.

I think switching from jumping pullups to the band assisted are really going to help my pullups get stronger. With the jumping it feels like all I work are the muscles at the top of the pullup but with the band I feel like I'm working muscles throughout the entire ROM. Time will tell. Don't get me wrong, when I first started Crossfit I couldn't even budge my body weight on a dead hang but since then and many jumping pullups later I can do MAYBE one. I think it's time to graduate to the band and hopefully in a few months, or sooner, I can do all kips for the WODs. That would be sweet!!

Last edited by Greg Myers : 11-07-2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
Greg Myers

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Guere View Post
I will post here for the regular board members who might stumble across this log...

Greg and his wife Kristie have been CFing with Kerry and I for about 4 months, and let me say publicly, they're kickin' @ss and takin' names.

Greg's strength has been on a vertical slope since day 1 and shows no signs of stopping. Kristie has killer times on the metcons, she blows us all out of the water every time.

These two are great workout partners and keep Kerry and I motivated.
I meant to reply to this the other day and forgot.

Thanks for the kind words and for getting us into this. I'm not a very strong self motivator so commiting to working out with others is how I've got to play it. You guys have been great, allowing us to show up late at your house to get in our WODs, sometimes stirring up your peaceful home schedule. We push each other and hold each other accountable ( albeit jokingly ) and that's what it take to get results. Speaking of, I tried on my slacks that I bought at Men's Warehouse last December and they are absolutely HUGE. It was pretty cool! I mean they are like falling off of me. I need to take them back and get them fitted again. I love it!!