CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2008, 06:11 AM   #11
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Way to work Angie! Esp working your way with the bands for PU assist! Great job!

Thanks Christin! I can't wait to compare the next time around. I really do feel stronger every day. I am doing the Zone too and really feel awesome. My focus has always always been to be skinnier, leaner and never really to just perform better. And I'm not gonna lie...I still want to look great but I really want to get stronger and I can tell in jst the short time I've been doing this my body is changing. No, I don't look skinnier but my muscles are fuller and I feel like an athlete!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
Christin Street
Member Christin Street is offline
 
Christin Street's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta  Ga
Posts: 3,826
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Vanessa- With the increased strength comes increased lean mass and therefore lower body fat...you will look and feel leaner...you will have more confidence from being able to throw around "big boy" weights! I love this stuff. Keep up the good work!

As for adding additional work to the WODs...I usually throw in a few things each week...usually my weaknesses. I only do it if I'm feeling energetic (like today) after a WOD. In the beginning (for the first few months), all I could do was the WOD. You'll know when to add it in. It's always a gamble though since you never know what the WOD will be tomorrow (like if it's shoulder presses then I'm screwed for tomorrow!).

Also on days when it's a strength day (few reps, heavy weight) as opposed to a metcon WOD, I usually try to do some cardio (run, bike, etc). That's my $.02...hope it helps!
__________________
My Workout Log Fifty doesn't have to be an f-word.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #13
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Did the 5k. Was really contemplating not doing the cfe workout since my legs felt pretty tired but I'm glad I did. It wasn't that bad. It was an exercise in mental toughness.

My 5k time was 31:46 but I walked the first 2 minutes to warm up. I shouldn't have counted that. Next time....
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Vanessa- With the increased strength comes increased lean mass and therefore lower body fat...you will look and feel leaner...you will have more confidence from being able to throw around "big boy" weights! I love this stuff. Keep up the good work!

As for adding additional work to the WODs...I usually throw in a few things each week...usually my weaknesses. I only do it if I'm feeling energetic (like today) after a WOD. In the beginning (for the first few months), all I could do was the WOD. You'll know when to add it in. It's always a gamble though since you never know what the WOD will be tomorrow (like if it's shoulder presses then I'm screwed for tomorrow!).
Also on days when it's a strength day (few reps, heavy weight) as opposed to a metcon WOD, I usually try to do some cardio (run, bike, etc). That's my $.02...hope it helps!
Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement! I can't wait to really start lifting heavy. I already impress some people with the weights I use/used in traditional bbing workouts. It's fun to get those looks from the guys and occasional comments about how strong you are. I can only imagine the response when I get to do overhead squats!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

So, Im gonna add some more info to my log since I like to read this kind of stuff.

I am currently in grad school and will graduate in 2010 as a Nurse Practitioner. Right now I work in a Medical Spa doing all the fun, aesthetic stuff like botox, dermal fillers, laser procedures. Tons of fun! Before that I worked in the CVICU at a local hospital. That was extremely stressful and I wanted to cry everyday at work. Glad I found my current job.
I have two Bachelor's: one in nursing and the other in Exercise Science.

I have done one Bikini America Show (like a figure show but not as big or lean-bascially natural) but I had to eat less than 800 cals a daya and do 2 hours of cardio get to do it. Well, I probably could've done it in a smarter way but I didn't and I was tiny, lost a lot of muscle. But, I got third place and had fun. Would love to do it again one day but in a healthier manner and with more muscle....
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #16
Erin Davidson
Affiliate Erin Davidson is offline
 
Erin Davidson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia  PA
Posts: 2,948
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce View Post
Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement! I can't wait to really start lifting heavy. I already impress some people with the weights I use/used in traditional bbing workouts. It's fun to get those looks from the guys and occasional comments about how strong you are. I can only imagine the response when I get to do overhead squats!
Ha. Just had to say...I get the funniest looks when I do OH squats. No one has any idea what's going on...

And, don't know if I've said this yet but...I'm following your log!

Can't believe you lived on 800cal p/day. At least you can say you've got the discipline to follow something like Crossfit.
__________________
Strength Anywhere is Strength Everywhere.
My Log - Crossfit Center City - Other Things
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #17
Alix Clark
Member Alix Clark is offline
 
Alix Clark's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sydney  NSW
Posts: 1,540
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Welcome to CF land! Glad you're loving it already. I love being strong with nice muscles and get my jollies out of scaring guys at the gym. To chime in with Christin, I generally do 2 sessions a day - my CF group workout and then some extra cardio or another metcon. But kinda depends how I feel - not like I'm actually training for the olympics or anything so i like to give myself a break these days. But I love CF!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #18
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

WOD: Oh LORD this is embarassing! Let's just say I have lots and lots of room for improvement...

Squat: 135
I just started going far below parallel (ATG right?) LOL! I used to squat just to parallel so I definitely can't lift as much this way.

SP: 60-so sad!

DL: 175- I'll be able to considerably more next time if my squat gets better. I tried 180 but did more of a straight leg deadlift because I couldn't really squat at the bottom. Make sense?

No cardio today: I have to work tonight and I am tired!

Hubby bailed on me cause he went to a Rangers game and then stayed up late.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #19
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
Ha. Just had to say...I get the funniest looks when I do OH squats. No one has any idea what's going on...

And, don't know if I've said this yet but...I'm following your log!

Can't believe you lived on 800cal p/day. At least you can say you've got the discipline to follow something like Crossfit.
I can totally believe I lived on 800. I honestly have a hard time keeping my als up. It's mental thing for years of ed's.

I need to find your log! Thanks for keeping tabs on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix Clark View Post
Welcome to CF land! Glad you're loving it already. I love being strong with nice muscles and get my jollies out of scaring guys at the gym. To chime in with Christin, I generally do 2 sessions a day - my CF group workout and then some extra cardio or another metcon. But kinda depends how I feel - not like I'm actually training for the olympics or anything so i like to give myself a break these days. But I love CF!!

How many days a week are you doing cardio? I was going to go by the CFE recs and do 2 workouts per sport (running and c2).
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Doe anyone else get huge knots in their upper backs/trap area? I have/had a huge on in my left trap today. I didn't notice until after the workout but I get them all the time. I work at a medspa that also has spa service so I ended up getting a deep tissue massage from one of the girls that works here. I could actually feel and hear what seemed like "bubbles" pop when she applied pressure (and GOD was it a lot of pressure). She siad it was toxins. Any truth to that? Feels better now.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crossfit Journal Ryan Copeland Starting 1 07-13-2006 11:36 PM
CrossFit Journal 38 James Falkner Community 5 10-03-2005 05:43 AM
Which Crossfit Journal... Jason Berger Community 4 09-15-2005 05:47 AM
Crossfit Journal Allan Starting 1 03-09-2004 05:55 AM
Crossfit Journal Brad Hirakawa Workout of the Day 1 08-01-2003 01:58 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.