CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-08-2008, 06:11 AM   #11
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Way to work Angie! Esp working your way with the bands for PU assist! Great job!

Thanks Christin! I can't wait to compare the next time around. I really do feel stronger every day. I am doing the Zone too and really feel awesome. My focus has always always been to be skinnier, leaner and never really to just perform better. And I'm not gonna lie...I still want to look great but I really want to get stronger and I can tell in jst the short time I've been doing this my body is changing. No, I don't look skinnier but my muscles are fuller and I feel like an athlete!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
Christin Street

Profile:

Vanessa- With the increased strength comes increased lean mass and therefore lower body fat...you will look and feel leaner...you will have more confidence from being able to throw around "big boy" weights! I love this stuff. Keep up the good work!

As for adding additional work to the WODs...I usually throw in a few things each week...usually my weaknesses. I only do it if I'm feeling energetic (like today) after a WOD. In the beginning (for the first few months), all I could do was the WOD. You'll know when to add it in. It's always a gamble though since you never know what the WOD will be tomorrow (like if it's shoulder presses then I'm screwed for tomorrow!).

Also on days when it's a strength day (few reps, heavy weight) as opposed to a metcon WOD, I usually try to do some cardio (run, bike, etc). That's my $.02...hope it helps!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #13
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

Did the 5k. Was really contemplating not doing the cfe workout since my legs felt pretty tired but I'm glad I did. It wasn't that bad. It was an exercise in mental toughness.

My 5k time was 31:46 but I walked the first 2 minutes to warm up. I shouldn't have counted that. Next time....
Old 07-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Vanessa- With the increased strength comes increased lean mass and therefore lower body fat...you will look and feel leaner...you will have more confidence from being able to throw around "big boy" weights! I love this stuff. Keep up the good work!

As for adding additional work to the WODs...I usually throw in a few things each week...usually my weaknesses. I only do it if I'm feeling energetic (like today) after a WOD. In the beginning (for the first few months), all I could do was the WOD. You'll know when to add it in. It's always a gamble though since you never know what the WOD will be tomorrow (like if it's shoulder presses then I'm screwed for tomorrow!).
Also on days when it's a strength day (few reps, heavy weight) as opposed to a metcon WOD, I usually try to do some cardio (run, bike, etc). That's my $.02...hope it helps!
Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement! I can't wait to really start lifting heavy. I already impress some people with the weights I use/used in traditional bbing workouts. It's fun to get those looks from the guys and occasional comments about how strong you are. I can only imagine the response when I get to do overhead squats!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

So, Im gonna add some more info to my log since I like to read this kind of stuff.

I am currently in grad school and will graduate in 2010 as a Nurse Practitioner. Right now I work in a Medical Spa doing all the fun, aesthetic stuff like botox, dermal fillers, laser procedures. Tons of fun! Before that I worked in the CVICU at a local hospital. That was extremely stressful and I wanted to cry everyday at work. Glad I found my current job.
I have two Bachelor's: one in nursing and the other in Exercise Science.

I have done one Bikini America Show (like a figure show but not as big or lean-bascially natural) but I had to eat less than 800 cals a daya and do 2 hours of cardio get to do it. Well, I probably could've done it in a smarter way but I didn't and I was tiny, lost a lot of muscle. But, I got third place and had fun. Would love to do it again one day but in a healthier manner and with more muscle....
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #16
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce View Post
Thanks. I appreciate the encouragement! I can't wait to really start lifting heavy. I already impress some people with the weights I use/used in traditional bbing workouts. It's fun to get those looks from the guys and occasional comments about how strong you are. I can only imagine the response when I get to do overhead squats!
Ha. Just had to say...I get the funniest looks when I do OH squats. No one has any idea what's going on...

And, don't know if I've said this yet but...I'm following your log!

Can't believe you lived on 800cal p/day. At least you can say you've got the discipline to follow something like Crossfit.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #17
Alix Clark

Profile:

Welcome to CF land! Glad you're loving it already. I love being strong with nice muscles and get my jollies out of scaring guys at the gym. To chime in with Christin, I generally do 2 sessions a day - my CF group workout and then some extra cardio or another metcon. But kinda depends how I feel - not like I'm actually training for the olympics or anything so i like to give myself a break these days. But I love CF!!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #18
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

WOD: Oh LORD this is embarassing! Let's just say I have lots and lots of room for improvement...

Squat: 135
I just started going far below parallel (ATG right?) LOL! I used to squat just to parallel so I definitely can't lift as much this way.

SP: 60-so sad!

DL: 175- I'll be able to considerably more next time if my squat gets better. I tried 180 but did more of a straight leg deadlift because I couldn't really squat at the bottom. Make sense?

No cardio today: I have to work tonight and I am tired!

Hubby bailed on me cause he went to a Rangers game and then stayed up late.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #19
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
Ha. Just had to say...I get the funniest looks when I do OH squats. No one has any idea what's going on...

And, don't know if I've said this yet but...I'm following your log!

Can't believe you lived on 800cal p/day. At least you can say you've got the discipline to follow something like Crossfit.
I can totally believe I lived on 800. I honestly have a hard time keeping my als up. It's mental thing for years of ed's.

I need to find your log! Thanks for keeping tabs on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix Clark View Post
Welcome to CF land! Glad you're loving it already. I love being strong with nice muscles and get my jollies out of scaring guys at the gym. To chime in with Christin, I generally do 2 sessions a day - my CF group workout and then some extra cardio or another metcon. But kinda depends how I feel - not like I'm actually training for the olympics or anything so i like to give myself a break these days. But I love CF!!

How many days a week are you doing cardio? I was going to go by the CFE recs and do 2 workouts per sport (running and c2).
Old 07-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
Vanessa Sisson

Profile:

Doe anyone else get huge knots in their upper backs/trap area? I have/had a huge on in my left trap today. I didn't notice until after the workout but I get them all the time. I work at a medspa that also has spa service so I ended up getting a deep tissue massage from one of the girls that works here. I could actually feel and hear what seemed like "bubbles" pop when she applied pressure (and GOD was it a lot of pressure). She siad it was toxins. Any truth to that? Feels better now.