CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Robert Pagliaro

Profile:
Chicago - Possible Crossfit Gym/Partner?

I am looking for any trainers on the south side of Chicago that would be interested in partnering on a space that I would like to eventually grow into a full on Crossfit facility. Currently, I own a space that I use for Private One on One Training and find my sessions are increasingly taking on a Crossfit type feel. The current studio is not really Crossfit ready, but I have a space in mind that would be fairly ideal.

I would love to talk to anybody that is interested in discussing this further - ideally already Crossfit certified but definitely certified by one of the larger institutions. I am NASM-CPT/PES. I am not Crossfit Certified but that would obviously be in roadmap for developing this idea further.

Thank you
rp

Robert L. Pagliaro
NASM-CPT,PES
A2 Sports and Fitness
www.a2sports.com
Old 01-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
Daniel Freedman

Profile:
Re: Chicago - Possible Crossfit Gym/Partner?

I'm not a partner. And this is a bit off topic. But it may be of interest.

I met a trainer leading a KB class at a non-CrossFit gym. He is CrossFit certified, but works mostly as a personal trainer. He happened to mention CrossFit to a client. She then went on the Web and freaked out at the musclehead type videos on YouTube. "I don't want to do that," she said.

So the trainer stopped mentioning CrossFit to the client. But most of her workouts continue to be CrossFit-oriented. She's happy. He's happy.

So...you may be on to something.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #3
John Edmondson

Profile:

Robert, I live in Plainfield (near Joliet) and will be Crossfit certified in March. At this time, my wife and I are planning on affiliating and going the garage route by summer, but who knows. I'd like to hear your thoughts if you want to PM me.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #4
Brendan Hufford

Profile:

i live in northwest indiana and i've been waiting for a crossfit facility to open up on the southside or anywhere near where I am at. The problem is that most crossfit places are still 30-45min. away. Although I can't offer anything near partnership on an affiliate, I can offer encouragement.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
Larry Lindenman

Profile:

I have been a CF trainer for 2 years and doing Crossfit for five years. You might want to check with Dave from Crossfit Chicago. I live in Naperville. John PM me, curious as to where you live...I'm 59 at 111th and have a full CF gym in my basement (sans rope climb). I'm a cop and have very little time to partner, but will help anyone who asks.