CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 02-02-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
Parth Shah

Profile:
Ok, so the wods aren't really working out for me. I've been working out for I think a month on modified WODS using bodyweight and medicine ball exercises, and I've notived that I'm more explosive, but I've been gaining weight steadily. I also need something that I can sweat with. A longer workout. So I thought of combining Tabata with the German Body Comp workout to burn fat. Here's what I'm thinking:

Superset two exercises using the tabata method. 8 sets, 20 second per exercise with a 10 second rest between each superset. I'll do this for 10 total exercises, so the workout will probably last between 30 to 40 minutes.

I'll do this on MONDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, AND FRIDAYS, and on TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS, I have karate class. Weekends I rest, and cheat on my diet.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #2
Michael Halbfish

Profile:
I think you're taking on a lot, but go for it. Your body will tell you if and when you need to modify it.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
Mike Yukish

Profile:
Parth,

Is the wieght you are gaining fat? Have you considered eating less?
Old 02-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #4
AARON FISHER

Profile:  
Parth,
I am currently training for an Ironman Triathlon, however due to time compression with my current job/ wife etc i cannot fit in the 2-3 hours training a day i would like for this event. As a compromise I am typically doing one hour of low level endurance work each day after the WOD. My theory is to trash my body with the WOD - get use to fatigue then work the endurance systems specifically. (Perhaps not the most scientific of approaches!) Despite this being at odds with many of the Triathlete coaches advice, over the last month my aerobic efficiency has increased to a greater degree than when i was training purely for triathlon. My power on the bike has also noticably increased. My advice would be to stick with the WOD, but add endurance work after. If I am really short of time i do the WOD and add a three mile interval run at the end. For the three miler I run easy for five minutes then alternate one minute sprint with one minute recovery/jog. Try that and in 45 minutes you will have cracked the WOD and a taxing interval session which will make you sweat and burn the calories.
This is only from my experience - my methedology will be tested on July 25 when i attemt the ironman!
Old 02-05-2004, 04:53 AM   #5
Parth Shah

Profile:
thanks guys. I started posting my workouts on my website. Check out www.geocities.com/builderofmuscles tell me what you think.