CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #11
Mark Garcia

Profile:
I'm with Silva on this one but Liddell could also pull off the win.. It would also depend on what rules
Old 07-13-2006, 02:24 AM   #12
Aidan O Brien

Profile:
Tbh both of them have there work cut out for them and i am hoping for one hell of a fight.

We have all seen Chuck knock people out, and even seen him knock them out on the back foot, yet we have seen Wandy take on some of the hardest strikers in Pride/k1 and not be put down by them.

We have all seen Wandy take the best of wrestlers to the ground, yet we have all seen Chuck taken down by the best and simply stand back up again.

Wandy will be at the most risk on his way in, and he will be well aware of this. Chuck will be at the most risk when Wandy is within clinch and he will know this.

All in all i hope for a war.

If i had to pick a winner though i would choose Wandy, i just think he brings a package that Chuck will have trouble dealing with.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:07 AM   #13
Jason Simpkins

Profile:

Silva is the man period. I can't say enough about how skilled and viscous he is when he fights. He may beat Chuck with his stare down alone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JTHo0uaAb...derlei%20silva

I love the clip where Tito Ortiz is running away from him!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #14
Greg Varga

Profile:
Chuck is 2-1 in Pride. He looked gassed against Rampage, who Wanderlei literally kneed through the ropes with serious ownage. Maybe it was the jet-lag and travel, since experience tells me that going to Japan is more of an adjustment, while coming back to the States is relatively easy.

Wanderlei is 1-2 in UFC. Tito did run away like a little girl with a laughable, yet effective defense, but still got the unanimous dec. And who's Petarra anyway? Wanderlei also recently said in a interview that he does not like fighting in a cage.

(And since when are the rules a factor for either of these guys? Just wait for the soccer kick and headbutts.)

Chuck by thumb in the 2nd.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #15
Tom Needham

Profile:
They both have tough fights before they square off...
Vanderlei vs. Cro Cop
if he wins vs. winner of Barnett/Minotauro

Lidell vs. Babalu
Old 07-14-2006, 05:15 AM   #16
Jason Simpkins

Profile:

Yeah, this is unfortunately why I think it might not comes to pass.... Liddell will beat Babalu, but will Silva survive fighting both those guys in the same night? Doubtful.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:07 AM   #17
Paul Alvarez

Profile:
Location: Long Beach for school, Maui and San Jose are home  CA
I agree. IMO the chances of seeing this fight soon(this year) are slim. I hope Chuck defeats Babalu and Silva can stay healthy and injury free throughout his fights and training-I would really enjoy this one.

Silva signed for 3 UFC fights, who else do you think they would match him up with and y?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:17 PM   #18
John Vernon

Profile:
These picks are based upon nothing but personal preference.

Silva v. Ortiz - rematch factor, plus it would be a big draw with Tito's newfound (or perhaps re-found) popularity.
Silva v. Forrest Griffin - Who doesn't like a slug match.
Silva v. Randy Couture - C'mon, who wouldn't want to see the Natural come out of retirement for one final bout against Wanderlei Silva. I know I would.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #19
Charles Bergeron

Profile:  
I don't think Wandy is going to beat CroCop. In his first fight in PRIDE he went against Wandy and beat him. I believe it ended in a draw because there were special rules governing the fight since it was CroCops first fight coming from K-1.
I still think Wandy will beat Liddell easily, but you never know. One of Wandy's greatest fights was against Metzger in Pride 10. Just a great fight.

As far as Silva against Forest Griffin... that'd be a complete waste of time.

Another great Silva fight was Silva vs. Mark Hunt- Mark Hunt won in great fashion but I don't think it's on Silva's record because Mark Hunt was a Heavy Weight. I believe that was Hunt's first PRIDE fight as well- on short notice.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #20
Becca Borawski

Profile:
The fight is on Wanderlei's record, but his title was not at risk because of the difference in weight class.

I think that the CroCop-Silva fight will look similar to that Hunt fight. CroCop has improved a lot over time - if that first match between he and Silva had been allowed to go to the judges and not had the silly special rules, Silva would have been the winner.

I'm also picking Barnett over Nog.