CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
John Loiacono

Profile:
Barbell help

I am trying to figure out which barbells to use to re-outfit the S&C gym on my college campus. I'm trying to find something will work as a good all around bar without breaking the bank. I've looked into the Rogue bar 2.0 and they are top on my list. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks for the help!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Cooper Mitchell

Profile:
Re: Barbell help

In my mind the Rogue 2.0 is hard to beat for the price. You could look at Again Faster, Fringe Sport, Get Rx'd and many of the other retailers but you'll most likely end up back at Rogue. There's a reason they dominate the market.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
Steven Thunander

Profile:
Re: Barbell help

Rogue Power bars for Powerlifting, Rogue Oly WL bars for heavy oly lifting (Get a few for the girls), and Rogue Ohio or Rogue 2.0 Bars (and bellas) for general use. Get comp plates (or training plates) all around for bumpers. These will last for decades of heavy use. You are also going to want a few training or alumatech bars for rehab and training purposes.

*this depends on your budget. If you are budget minded, going with the Rogue 2.0 and bella bars only will do the trick, as well as getting the Rogue HG bumper plates. These bars and plates can still take a beating and keep on ticking, and they do work well for Oly lifts and power lifts, and mixed use metcon work. My box has a Rogue 2.0 bar and it takes 6-8 uses a day like a champ, including heavy Oly and power lifts on a daily basis from the coaching staff. I would still get an alumatech bar, though, for technique and rehab purposes.