CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
Travis Retherford

Profile:
Affiliating question

Does anyone know if you can apply for affiliation once you receive the email from HQ saying that you passed your level 1 cert test? Or do you have to wait the 4-6 weeks for them to mail you your actual cert? Or can you just apply right after you take the test? I'm in a bit of a rush to get affiliated because we have a space and everything available right now but we can't commit to it without the affiliation and we're in a small town so this kind of space is hard to come by.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #2
Adam Sides

Profile:
Re: Affiliating question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Retherford View Post
Does anyone know if you can apply for affiliation once you receive the email from HQ saying that you passed your level 1 cert test? Or do you have to wait the 4-6 weeks for them to mail you your actual cert? Or can you just apply right after you take the test? I'm in a bit of a rush to get affiliated because we have a space and everything available right now but we can't commit to it without the affiliation and we're in a small town so this kind of space is hard to come by.

Once you get the notification that you passed, are are able to apply. Good Luck!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
Travis Retherford

Profile:

Awesome, thank you so much! I emailed this question to the Affiliate Support two weeks ago but they still have not replied =(.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
Bennie Dimas

Profile:

Just my $.02 from my recent experience with small town stuff Travis... Do your best to secure that spot, without having to pay today obviously, so that you have it when you're ready. Also, do your best to keep it under your hat, in town, until you're locked in.

Congrats and good luck!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Timothy Mabe

Profile:

Just know that the affiliation process may take 4-6 weeks to complete. You need to have a insurance company ready to go too. This is a requirement, if and when they approve your affiliation. Good luck.