CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
Krystal Chae Gentz-Palas

Profile:
How to become regionally competetive woman

I am a 24 yo woman, 5'7", 140 lbs. Very naturally strong frame. I have done track, soccer, gymnastics as a small child, and did ROTC in high school. I currently coach gymnastics and am a pretty active person. I just started crossfit a month ago and have gotten attention from the coaches. They asked me to train for the open a bit harder.
Right now I am still pretty unfamiliar with the lifts, but have been picking stuff up fast. I havn't done any max lifts yet, but I'm sure I can deadlift at least bodyweight (140) to 200 lbs. I can clean about 100, and am great at bodyweight/core movements.
In the last month I have felt huge gains from crossfit, and wonder if it is possible to make it to regionals?
What are some tips you have?