CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #51
Bob Herald

Profile:
Re: TRT experience

So I've been feeling good. Same good effects. I've just noticed on thing. I'm about 7 days in on my first shot , and the puffiness I had went away. But now my nipples are a little sensitive . No puffy or painful just a little more sensitive than usual. I have no more testicular soreness though. Should I be alarmed about the nipples just yet?
Old 04-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #52
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Herald View Post
So I've been feeling good. Same good effects. I've just noticed on thing. I'm about 7 days in on my first shot , and the puffiness I had went away. But now my nipples are a little sensitive . No puffy or painful just a little more sensitive than usual. I have no more testicular soreness though. Should I be alarmed about the nipples just yet?
Tis the reason I get shots every 7 days - that's when the test starts to lower and your body starts producing estrogen in way to combat the increased test levels.

An anti-estrogen would be good, but many places don't prescribe it. Armidex or Nolvadex works best.

Patrick Arnold developed a supplement a few years ago - 6OXO - that worked the same as Nolvadex. But I am certain it was/has been banned from production.

The soreness should subside. But I would tell your doctor and perhaps an armidex would be better to fight the estrogen rebound - if he persists on these periodic shots.

All the best,
Arden
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #53
Charley Agen

Profile:

Bob glad everything is going pretty good so far. Its amazing how much hormones can effect our health. Cain- I tried ZMA, ginseng, and other herbs, but none made a significant difference for me.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #54
Bob Herald

Profile:

Thanks Arden. I'm gonna ask about more frequent shots and also arimidex.

Thank you charley, I am happy I made the plunge. Unfortunately I believe that all the over the counter herbs in the world won't significantly effect your baseline hormone levels. It's a hard choice to go TRT and I never knew I was low. But as Johnny Pain once told me "if you think your test might be low, you're low" guys with high test never question it.

Update . I'm 5 days away from my next shot. I think the hormones have leveled off a bit. I'm not as aggressive feeling and back to my old sleeping habit of waking up super early.

But I still get morning erections, and have a better libido. The nipple sensitivity and testicular soreness has gone away.

On a positive side note. When i train, I get crazy muscular pumps. And am fuller looking than I've been. My workout partner told me that I've gotten bigger, and the other one asked me what I was on. This wasn't my goal of TRT but I can't say that I don't like it.

I haven't noticed an increase in my rep maxes or strength so far, but as I said, that wasn't the goal so I don't fret over it.

I'm Already anxiously awaiting my next shot. Which is what I hear from a lot of men on TRT . I actually like the added aggression that comes a few days after the shot. Agression in a mentally stable male translates more to added confidence, not then"roid rage" that you hear about in the media
Old 04-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #55
Cain Papettas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley Agen View Post
Bob glad everything is going pretty good so far. Its amazing how much hormones can effect our health. Cain- I tried ZMA, ginseng, and other herbs, but none made a significant difference for me.
charley and co. this might sound very odd! but out of desperation i have gone onto youtube every night on my phone and typed in "sleep hypnotherapy" i have listened to a session of that and boom wot do you know i have slept all the way through each time!! and also feeling a bit more better put on 9lbs and eating alot more!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #56
Bob Herald

Profile:

If it works , Cain, I,say run with it . It proven that lack of sound sleep causes a host of problems
Old 04-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #57
Cain Papettas

Profile:

hey guys just got another result and got it converted to how you guys read it, mine is ultra low 45, getting lower by the week! also very low tryglcerides high hdl which i think is good
Old 04-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #58
Robert Walsh

Profile:

What kind of training program are you on?
Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #59
Cain Papettas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walsh View Post
What kind of training program are you on?
2 on 1 off strength/metcon maybe throw in a metcon on sat morn 2500 non training 2800cal training problem before this was yes i was under eating and over training!
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #60
Cain Papettas

Profile:

Having rest week and starting gslp next week!