CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2007, 09:17 AM   #141
Kim Dowse
Member Kim Dowse is offline
 
Kim Dowse's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque  NM
Posts: 203
Re: George's Recipe Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarena Kopciel View Post
Kim, why did you post this?? WHY??
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
Because that stuff looks amazing!
I'm going to add crushed espresso beans this time. I'll let you know how it turns out...well, I guess if the plate gets scarfed down, adding the beans is a winner.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:21 PM   #142
George Mounce
Banned for Ethical and Integrity Violations George Mounce is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Steens  MS
Posts: 3,295
Re: George's Recipe Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Dowse View Post
I'm going to add crushed espresso beans this time. I'll let you know how it turns out...well, I guess if the plate gets scarfed down, adding the beans is a winner.
Oh man, please make this more evil.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #143
Kim Dowse
Member Kim Dowse is offline
 
Kim Dowse's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque  NM
Posts: 203
Re: George's Recipe Corner

So, I had heard/read somewhere that you could make a gluten-free pizza crust out of chicken. I had no recipe, but I've been playing around with it a bit and think I have it pretty close. I had it for dinner last night.

Paleo Pizza Crust
4 oz chicken breast
1 tbsp almond flour
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
˝ tsp non-alum baking powder
1 egg
1 egg white
Spices to taste (basil, oregano, garlic, pepper)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 9” pie pan with oil olive and dust with buckwheat flour.
Boil chicken until done. Cut chicken into small pieces.
Whisk eggs. Add in almond flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, and spices.
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Mix until you have a stiff batter.
Spread into pan.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Until light brown and firm.

Calories 338; Carbs 7%, Protein 57%, Fat 35%

You can add whatever topping s you’d like. I added 1 tablespoon olive oil drizzled on top and 1 ounce of jack cheese (not paleo).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gf_pizza crust.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1138  
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #144
Sarena Kopciel
Member Sarena Kopciel is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monsey  NY
Posts: 2,042
Re: George's Recipe Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Dowse View Post
So, I had heard/read somewhere that you could make a gluten-free pizza crust out of chicken. I had no recipe, but I've been playing around with it a bit and think I have it pretty close. I had it for dinner last night.

Paleo Pizza Crust
4 oz chicken breast
1 tbsp almond flour
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
˝ tsp non-alum baking powder
1 egg
1 egg white
Spices to taste (basil, oregano, garlic, pepper)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease 9” pie pan with oil olive and dust with buckwheat flour.
Boil chicken until done. Cut chicken into small pieces.
Whisk eggs. Add in almond flour, buckwheat flour, baking powder, and spices.
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Mix until you have a stiff batter.
Spread into pan.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Until light brown and firm.
Calories 338; Carbs 7%, Protein 57%, Fat 35%
That sounds great. Am thinking maybe to make this into a crepe with mashed sweet potatoes (although too high GI for me), avocado slices, steamed or stir fried broccoli/asparagus/spinach. Thoughts/comments??
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #145
Adam Noble
Affiliate Adam Noble is offline
 
Adam Noble's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Los Angeles  CA
Posts: 420
Re: George's Recipe Corner

That chicken Pizza crust looks great. I am definitely going to monkey with that. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:53 PM   #146
George Mounce
Banned for Ethical and Integrity Violations George Mounce is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Steens  MS
Posts: 3,295
Re: George's Recipe Corner

I'm definitely going to have to give that crust a try!

What did you bake it on? I have a pizza stone, wondering if this is what you went with.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #147
Kim Dowse
Member Kim Dowse is offline
 
Kim Dowse's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque  NM
Posts: 203
Re: George's Recipe Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Mounce View Post
I'm definitely going to have to give that crust a try!

What did you bake it on? I have a pizza stone, wondering if this is what you went with.
George - sorry for the delayed response. I think the pizza stone would wok better than what I used....a pie pan (I don't have a pizza stone). The pizza stone would make it more crust-like.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:57 AM   #148
George Mounce
Banned for Ethical and Integrity Violations George Mounce is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Steens  MS
Posts: 3,295
Re: George's Recipe Corner

Bacon-wrapped Deer Steak

Ingredients:

2 pounds of natural bacon
2 pounds of deer steak chopped into cubes

Marinade:

Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, pepper, salt - season to taste (I use enough to make about a 1 to 1 1/2 cups of marinade).

You'll also need a lot of toothpicks.

Directions:

Marinade deer steak in a plastic Ziploc bag (remove a much air as possible) for 4-6 hours in the fridge.

Light a grill and get coals hot to perfection (if gas, just light before you cook). Cut bacon in half, and wrap the strips around the deer steak cubes, secure each with 1 toothpick.

Grill until done, and eat up! If you can stop eating these, you have more self-control than I do.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:18 AM   #149
Sarena Kopciel
Member Sarena Kopciel is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Monsey  NY
Posts: 2,042
Re: George's Recipe Corner

Backed the banana buckwheat muffins with subs since I had no Pumpkin seeds or walnuts--used some pignolias. They were great!
Also baked an almond butter bread this morning. It had no flour--just 4 eggs, pinch salt, alm butter and bak soda. Will post recipe later on wknd, was surprised at its sweetness!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #150
Dave Lowe
Member Dave Lowe is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Grafton  WI
Posts: 60
Re: George's Recipe Corner

Where do you all find your almond flour/other paleo-friendly ingredients??

Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
George's Log George Mounce Workout Logs 618 08-18-2008 01:06 PM
Question on dips in a corner Kevin McKay Exercises 5 06-04-2007 09:29 PM
Crossfit Ladies, 2007 Is Just Around The Corner Marianne Denton Community 0 10-13-2006 05:18 AM
Fig Recipe Frank Menendez Nutrition 4 08-04-2006 05:22 AM
Recipe Section + 1st Recipe Frank Menendez Nutrition 9 06-07-2006 05:16 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.