CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Seth Hollen

Profile:
I work in a hospital, in a sleep disorders center.
Last night I had a patient who is also a friend of mine, I've known her almost 20 years.
She has MS and can only get around in a scooter, her legs are almost completely immobile. Our Lab doesn't have hospital beds (we try to make it feel like it's not a hospital room) and isn't the most handicapped accessible place to be honest. In her room It was difficult to get her close enough to the bed for her to get in by herself. Also the bed was a lot higher than she is used to.

She is a tiny person and only weighs about 110lbs. I simply picked her and placed her in bed. The confines of the room and the shape of her scooter made it necessary for me to straight arm her out to clear everything but thanks to my new strength it was easy.

A few months ago I probably wouldn't have tried it. But thanks to crossfit helping me incorporate things like deadlifts (never did those till a month or so ago)
I never thought twice about moving her. I'm still new to crossfit and can't do a WOD by the book yet, but it's nice to see results.

About a year ago I actually hurt my back at work trying to lift someone
:-)

This was actually against corporate policy. I should have gotten another person to help, but this was a close friend and I wanted to spare her any discomfort or embarrassment from her condition.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Connie Morreale

Profile:
talk about GPP....
there it is!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:24 PM   #3
Wade Miller

Profile:
Seth

Thanks for all you do.

Isn't it great, when you are physically able to help someone because you have taken the time and discipline to make yourself healthier.

Keep up all the hard work.

Wade