CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Josh Brehm

Profile:
For some reason, I seem to have an alergic reaction when I eat fruits such as apples, pears, plums (I think, been a while since I ate them), cherries (to some extent), and other apple/pear type of fruits. When I eat them, my gums swell up a bit, the roof and back of my mouth start to itch, I get bad heart burn and it feels as if my esophagus(sp?) and wind pipe close up for seconds at a time making me unable to breath or swallow. It seems that the worst reaction comes from apples, but if I have apple sauce or apple pie, I don't have a single problem with it, I can eat it all day long and not feel a thing.

I also seems to have an alergic reaction to tuna and salmon. When I eat it I get heart burn and my windpipe and esophagus close up for seconds at a time. The salmon's bad enough that I just don't eat it anymore, but tuna has just enough of a reaction, and I love it so much, that I continue eating it.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
Garrett Smith

Profile:
Josh,
What you are having is likely a relatively mild anaphylactic reaction to those foods.

Read this:
http://www.foodallergy.org/anaphylaxis/index.html

Surf some more around that page to learn some more, you need to take this very seriously.

I highly suggest you take any and all foods that cause these reactions out of your diet ASAP.