CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 08-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
Lacey Foley

Profile:
Wink update

I've been CrossFitting for three weeks and I absolutely love it. Yesterday I finally managed to do box jumps on a small box vs having to step up on the box as I had before. I enjoy going in, pushing myself extremely hard, and then feeling that awesome feeling of accomplishment when it's all over. I'm also starting my fourth week of Paleo today. I've seen some positive changes in my thoughts towards healthy living and eating, along with a stomach that I could swear looks a little flatter than before. I should have measured myself before I started! We start a 50 day no bread challenge Monday. I think I may just win that.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
Brendan McNamar

Profile:
Re: update

So take measurements today!

We like to use cm because they are lost quicker. We use circumference at belly button and widest point of the hips. We also use weight. We have found between the three we get good feed back on how the body is changing.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #3
Martin Rivera

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey Foley View Post
I've been CrossFitting for three weeks and I absolutely love it. Yesterday I finally managed to do box jumps on a small box vs having to step up on the box as I had before. I enjoy going in, pushing myself extremely hard, and then feeling that awesome feeling of accomplishment when it's all over. I'm also starting my fourth week of Paleo today. I've seen some positive changes in my thoughts towards healthy living and eating, along with a stomach that I could swear looks a little flatter than before. I should have measured myself before I started! We start a 50 day no bread challenge Monday. I think I may just win that.
congratulations, and I know you must've felt a great achievement. As I did when I did my first get ups and HSPU about a week ago. So congrats again and keep it up the hard work, it will pay off at the end.
<>< Philippians 4:13 thecubefitness.com (WFS) dsgear.com (WFS) virusintl.com (WFS)
Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Lacey Foley

Profile:

We took measurements Monday at the gym, so now I have a starting point. Thanks for the encouragment. I haven't seen a lot of change and my 30 days will be up Sunday. I'm going to continue for the 50 day challenge with the gym. I've decided to cut out nuts competely and fruit for the time being. It seems I can't keep from overdoing it on those two items. I've had a lot of eggs, lean meat, coconut oil or milk, veggies, and some nitrate free bacon lately. I think this is a better approach then all of the above plus TOO many handfuls of nuts and fruit. I hope.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Amber Napoleon

Profile:

Good job, Lacey. I just started CF on July 26th and I still can't do box jumps on the big tire they have at CF Alaska. I can do them on a smaller box, but I have to do "step-ups" on the tire. In fact, I've already fallen off the tire AND smacked myself in the face trying to use a band for assisted ring-dips. It was so embarrassing, but you just have to keep going, right?

I'm also trying Paleo because I've been having a lot of joint pain and my doc recommended I cut out processed foods and see how that makes me feel. It's awesome. I don't get nearly as much joint pain and I have a lot more energy.

Lastly, I've noticed some changes in my proportions - that is, I've noticed the way my pants fit has changed. My thighs are getting smaller and my butt's getting bigger!

Anyway, good luck and keep up the good work!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #6
Christina Daley

Profile:

good for you girl! I am on the tiniest box Ev.ER. but we will get there. Start small and keep trying.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Daley View Post
good for you girl! I am on the tiniest box Ev.ER. but we will get there. Start small and keep trying.
If it is a box then it is not the tiniest. #10 bumper plate is the tiniest. If you are on a box then your way above tiniest!