CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #6611
Deb Weber

Profile:
Re: Over 50 Crossfitters Sign In

Quote:
Okay...I'm a newbie...what's a contrast shower?
alternate between hot and cold water, 3-5 times.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #6612
Cliff Miller

Profile:

weird one last nite

1 dead lift (50 lbs less than one rep max)
5 bench press at 50% of one rep max

after dead lift add 10 lbs and repeat sequence till failure of deadlift for time. you had to replate the deads yourself also

i started at 315 for the deads and only 67 1/2 lbs for the bench.

i got upto 375lbs ...7 rounds in about 11 minutes. kinda a crazy work out but sure felt good to bench and dead lift
Old 09-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #6613
Deb Weber

Profile:

9_1_11 Thursday

GPP

w/a med ball
squat circles/12 each ways (2)
russian twists/12 each way (2)
woodchops/12 (2)
side lunge & side raise/12 each way (2)

Hypers
x12 (5)

Front Squat
30kg/4
40kg/4 (4)

3/4 mile brisk walk (3/4mi b/c the dog's daddy drove past and, he wanted to go home with him so we drove back)

This was a recovery w/o couldve done at home, but coach said see you Thurs. No big to go there tho, the programmed hypers were 4x4 so I was thinking, must be reverse hypers? Nope. just back extensions, he told me do 60. The GPP wasnt programmed he told me do that when I got there. OUT of shape.
Rito was there, missed him!! and Graber was there.
Danica and Pete dont get why I dont feel squats in my legs, but rather more my back (Haous was on her usual so she was on my usual, I was across from her on Justin's usual. Where WAS Justin?) Pete said when I get up I round my back a little at the sticking point...Im a puzzle to them. Pete asked do my knees hurt (not at all). My legs will feel fatigued the next day, not sore really. Im getting the bounce thing!!
And on my way out I think the spanish janitor hit on me. Six months of, 'hello' 'how you doing' 'its hot out' 'its cold out' the guy can barely speak english, mostly nods. Tonite it was 'hey how are you... the seasons changing again!' and he comes back with how fine I look. what?? LOL Its ok, Im pretty sure Granny can take him!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #6614
Jim Cordes

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Miller View Post
weird one last nite

1 dead lift (50 lbs less than one rep max)
5 bench press at 50% of one rep max

after dead lift add 10 lbs and repeat sequence till failure of deadlift for time. you had to replate the deads yourself also

i started at 315 for the deads and only 67 1/2 lbs for the bench.

i got upto 375lbs ...7 rounds in about 11 minutes. kinda a crazy work out but sure felt good to bench and dead lift
I am intrigued but don't understand the WOD. You did the 7 deads (nice numbers, by the way) then 5 bench presses and then you were done?

Claw
Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #6615
David Cahn

Profile:

Back squat max

Warmed up 10-6-3

100-130-150

175-185f-185-195f-195f-150-150

One failure at 195 was complete with dropping bar behind me. That was dramatic. Second time I made the lift but did not get my butt below my knees. Not used to range of motion. Learned a lot about squatting today.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #6616
Deb Weber

Profile:

Quote:
I am intrigued but don't understand the WOD. You did the 7 deads (nice numbers, by the way) then 5 bench presses and then you were done?
Yeah explain!! Maybe I misread it, I thought he had to do 1 DL/5 BP... add weight to DL & repeat DL/BP until failing a deadlift, and time it (so the BP was more like a little cardio in there, at 50% 1RM?)
Quote:
One failure at 195 was complete with dropping bar behind me. That was dramatic. Second time I made the lift but did not get my butt below my knees.
Nice squats Dave, I take it you're doing low-bar... i thought it was the crease of your hip below your knee, and youre legit. (pssst - tighter shorts? )
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #6617
Cliff Miller

Profile:

sorry for the confusion in the wod

1 dead
5 bench (the rest of the class did shoulder press)

repeat the above adding 10 lbs each time to the dead lift to failure of deadlift

i am not totaly sure why we did this wod but i think part of it was to keep us thinking about recovery and pacing ourselves. if we went out to fast on the first couple of deads we would gas out early. if we took to long well we took to long.

jesse (my coach) has been reading a ton of of late '70s early '80s translated and typed/photo copied russian olympic weight lifting training manuals. he thinks way outside of the traditional training methods and as crazy as it sounds and the stuff he has us do seems to be working.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #6618
Michelle Simpson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Borbone View Post
9_1_11 Thursday
[B]
And on my way out I think the spanish janitor hit on me. Six months of, 'hello' 'how you doing' 'its hot out' 'its cold out' the guy can barely speak english, mostly nods. Tonite it was 'hey how are you... the seasons changing again!' and he comes back with how fine I look. what?? LOL Its ok, Im pretty sure Granny can take him!
Bwahahahaha HE LIKES YOU!!

Yesterday strict dead-hang band pull-ups with a negative between each set. I'm getting so stinking close to dead hangs. We are going to have a virtual party when I finally get them.

9-2
Strength Power Cleans 3x3 95#-105#-110#(2 reps) I'm so happy about that 110#!!
WOD: 15-12-9-6-3 85# power cleans, bar facing burpees 11:48.

I'm not complaing after 5 days on. I look forward to a rest day tomorrow for sure.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #6619
Jim Cordes

Profile:

Thanks for the clarification Cliff. I'm sharing this with my coaches and hope it gets programmed. As I understand it, normally it would be deads and light push presses. Not sure I like the "for time" part of it. I will suggest instead each round start 90 or 120 seconds apart, so the faster you do the dead and push presses (and plate changes), the more rest you have until the next interval.

9/2 WOD

3 Rounds for Time
5 Press
10 Push Press
15 Jerk
50 Med Ball V Twists
400 M Run

13:35 @ 75# bar and 20# med ball. Considered going heavier, but recalled in the last press/push press/push jerk WOD I failed at 95#, so I was torn between 75 and 85. Decided to go lighter and turn it into more of a metcon workout. I think that was a good idea. Did first set of press/push press/push jerks straight through, but by end had to break into sets of at least 5.
50 x 3 is a LOT of med ball V twists. I think that is why I will be sore tomorrow.
Long warm up programmed by Christina. Between inchworms and crab walks, I figure I put my hands in River's dried urine (need word that won't be blocked ) about 50 times. That's Elite!

Claw
Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #6620
David Cahn

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Borbone View Post
Nice squats Dave, I take it you're doing low-bar... i thought it was the crease of your hip below your knee, and youre legit. (pssst - tighter shorts? )
Thanks Deb. I am certain you are right about hips below knees. I just do what I am told. As for tighter shorts, I am finding this whole process humiliating enough

Today's WOD is a series of 21's of various exercises. An AMRAP in celebration of Sebastian' 21st birthday. I think 21 is just a few years over the median age of members.