CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:
Re: The Law of Attraction - Your Wish Is Your Command

Funny thing about conspiracy theories: they make the "victim" of the conspiracy seem so much more important than he actually is. It's much cooler to be someone who "they" must silence because of what he knows, than to be a common hustler who got caught and deservedly went to jail.

But in reality, most people just aren't that important. There are more common hustlers and cult leaders than there are possessors of suppressed knowledge. Especially when the so-called "knowledge" is readily available from many many other sources, and therefore can't be said to have been "suppressed" at all. Of all the reasons why the government might be willing to manufacture a fraud conviction, do you *really* believe that promoting herbal remedies makes the list?

Katherine
Old 09-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
Joseph Hardy

Profile:

I'm going to avoid arguing about the recent posts and stop posting all together on these boards. It's not doing me or anyone else any good at this point. I will be able to have dinner with Kevin in October, I'll see how I feel about him at that point and reserve judgement until then. I don't know if I'll come back and post what I learn from meeting him or not, but for now see you guys later, I love all of you!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #23
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

If you believe that meeting a professional sales person and con-man in person will allow you to properly evaluate their authenticity then so be it. But I think it's likely he didn't get in that position by being obvious at it.

I'd be curious to see how it goes though so if you do find something interesting out, please report back. But in my experience some of the most charming and sweet talking folks I've ever met are also the most screwed up.

Last edited by Matt Haxmeier : 09-07-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #24
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

"People consider what are really successes to be failures. I believe I cannot fail and therefore, since applying this law, I have not failed once"

If at first you don't succeed, lower the bar.

ANd edison was an ***. A little bit of theory would have reduced those 2000 failures to about 20 -40 materials that fit the properties the successful would have to have.

He also electrocuted an elephat to prove how dangerous AC was, even though it's nearly impossible to transmit DC do to ridiculous powerloss.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #25
Joseph Hardy

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
"People consider what are really successes to be failures. I believe I cannot fail and therefore, since applying this law, I have not failed once"

If at first you don't succeed, lower the bar.

ANd edison was an ***. A little bit of theory would have reduced those 2000 failures to about 20 -40 materials that fit the properties the successful would have to have.

He also electrocuted an elephat to prove how dangerous AC was, even though it's nearly impossible to transmit DC do to ridiculous powerloss.
This entire post does not make any sense? What great invention did you create to equate to electricity? Did you invent electricity before Edison?

I think you were trying to say that when I don't succeed I lower my standards, but you obviously don't know me so you can't judge. Like I said I am very successful and I owe it all to the law of attraction and Kevin. I'm not trying to brag, but I WILL stand up for myself.

There are many people out there that owe their lives to Kevin. Millions of people die every year because the government won't admit that prescriptions drugs, processed food, "modern" medicine, and 70% carbs are all deadly prescriptions that limit our mental and physical abilities. This is the same type of material Kevin preaches.

And brainwashing...really? What do schools, churches, the media, and government do to us? Brainwash us!

There are sweet talking conmen, but I'm pretty good at feeling which men are legit and which men are fake. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice, I am still learning and always will be. We all are. We really don't know what we don't know and I'm excited to see how my future will unfold.

Last edited by Joseph Hardy : 09-12-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #26
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

You brought up the famous quote of Edison saying he didn't fail but found 2000 things that didn't work. Edison didn't apply any theory or material science to his discovery and simply tried everything. He eventaully found something that worked but it's a pretty poor way to approach engineering or scientic discovery.

Edison didn't invent electricty. In fact Edison lobbied against AC since he had invented DC generation. WIthout AC you couldn't transmit electricity more than a few miles. The name you are looking for is Tesla.

As far as failure goes, you can change the language anyway you want, but when you start something you set some goals. If you don't acheive those goals, then you have failed in your quest. THis is to be expected in most cases.

The problem most people have is that if they fail they consder themselves failures, this is most likely where the author succeeds in helping people. By changing the language of the result, this gives most peope the courage to try again.

"I never fail", while possibly useful, is less honest that "even though I fail, I never quit".
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #27
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Visualization hasn't worked for MANY people who knew they were going to have a certain outcome...

Unfortunately it's all too convenient to say, "Well it didn't work because in their heart of hearts they knew it couldn't." And since no one can read anyone else's mind...
Old 09-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #28
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
Visualization hasn't worked for MANY people who knew they were going to have a certain outcome...

Unfortunately it's all too convenient to say, "Well it didn't work because in their heart of hearts they knew it couldn't." And since no one can read anyone else's mind...
We always read about all the visualization work that the gold medalist did. Not so much about the guy who missed the team by three slots. Visualization may help at the margins, but hard work helps more.

Katherine
Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 AM   #29
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hardy View Post
There are sweet talking conmen, but I'm pretty good at feeling which men are legit and which men are fake. We'll see how it goes.
How much are you paying for the opportunity to meet this guy? The larger the amount, the more likely you are to believe that it was worthwhile, regardless of the actual content of the meeting.

Katherine
Old 09-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #30
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

I am very much a believer in the law of attraction.

However, it is not something that you just "do". It's not like ooohhhh.. oo kkk. today i will think positive and like, tomorrow, i get all that i want.

i'm not going to get into debates about being a whack job or not being a whack job, because i already know that i am. proudly.

but basically, the law of attraction simply posits that what you think and FEEL attracts like things, experiences and people into your life.

since we are human, most of us are not truly in touch with what we think or what we feel.. like.. how much time a day do any of us spend getting in tune with that.

so a lot of subconscious thoughts and feelings are powerful magnets, so to speak, to things that happen. we have so much negativity inside.. we just do. looking in a mirror and saying "i believe in myself" doesn't mean s...h..i..t.. if you have negative feelings about yourself.

anyhoo.. i am an incredibly positive person. i have spent years on that.. delving into the negative sh##t inside.. trying to truly turn my energy (i know, whack job talk) into positve rather than negative.

has my life got better?

Abso effin lutely. And it continues to do so.

I wouldn't pay to meet ANYONE who says they will teach this. Go find abraham-hicks.. buy the cds or tapes or buy their books. It's all in there.. long before the secret.

Ok. I've outted myself as a whack job. But I am still a bad a## crossfitter so you have to deal with me! LOLOL