CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Desmond Pegrum
Member Desmond Pegrum is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth  WA Australia
Posts: 266
What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

Innov8 shoes seem to be all the rage for crossfitters

Like many things, they aren't cheap in Australia

May i ask what is so great about these shoes compared to other cross trainers ?

and which models in the INNOV8 range are most suitable for crossfit ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Steve Nugent
Member Steve Nugent is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Billings  mt
Posts: 42
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

I like the F-lite 220, for everything but rope climbs. Just went back to them after dabbling in Nano and NB v3, the Innov8 seems to be narrower and to have a straighter last.
__________________
Hey! What happened to my old signature?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Wayne Richard
Member Wayne Richard is offline
 
Wayne Richard's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tucson  AZ
Posts: 35
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nugent View Post
I like the F-lite 220, for everything but rope climbs. Just went back to them after dabbling in Nano and NB v3, the Innov8 seems to be narrower and to have a straighter last.
Agreed! I prefer the 230 and the 195's. Ground feel, grip, and stability for a minimal shoe. Will find them to fit more narrow than the Nano's (esp. in toebox), and NB. Also, I've found them to be really durable except, as others have noted, during rope climbs.
__________________
CFL1 & CF Endurance Coach at CrossFit NOW
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #4
Eric Montgomery
Member Eric Montgomery is offline
 
Eric Montgomery's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 7,413
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond Pegrum View Post
Innov8 shoes seem to be all the rage for crossfitters

Like many things, they aren't cheap in Australia

May i ask what is so great about these shoes compared to other cross trainers ?

and which models in the INNOV8 range are most suitable for crossfit ?
They caught on early with CF because they were one of the first minimalist shoes to hit the market and because they marketed pretty aggressively at CF events, but they've lost quite a bit of market share with the release of the New Balance Minimus and Reebok Nano lines.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #5
Mark Dong
Affiliate Mark Dong is offline
 
Mark Dong's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Katy  TX
Posts: 70
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

I love my F-195's. I am looking at to getting the new line of INOV-8's with the ropetec technology. I do not like the nanos. Prefer the NB Minimus 10's and Inov-8's.
__________________
Mark Dong
CrossFit Detonate
www.crossfitdetonate.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #6
Snir Golan
Member Snir Golan is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 752
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

i tried the Inov8 and didn't like them at all. way too narrow for my foot. i do love the Nano which just goes to show you that each person is unique. my advice, order them from a good place and try them on. my coach wears nothing but Inov8 and swears by them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:56 PM   #7
Desmond Pegrum
Member Desmond Pegrum is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Perth  WA Australia
Posts: 266
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
i tried the Inov8 and didn't like them at all. way too narrow for my foot. i do love the Nano which just goes to show you that each person is unique. my advice, order them from a good place and try them on. my coach wears nothing but Inov8 and swears by them.
That's an interesting comment because i have wide feet and that has always been an issue when buying any shoe. I have tended to never buy shoes online because of this reason. I might find somewhere local which sells the innov8s to try them. I will also try out nanos

I had no idea about these minimalist shoes
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
Snir Golan
Member Snir Golan is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston  MA
Posts: 752
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond Pegrum View Post
That's an interesting comment because i have wide feet and that has always been an issue when buying any shoe. I have tended to never buy shoes online because of this reason. I might find somewhere local which sells the innov8s to try them. I will also try out nanos

I had no idea about these minimalist shoes
you can order the Inov8 from Zappos which has the best return policy and customer service i have ever used. you will know within seconds if they are too narrow
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #9
Jon Campbell
Member Jon Campbell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Henderson  KY
Posts: 443
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

I have a pair of 195's and really like them. I bought a pair of Nanos to try and while I like them I like the Inov8 better. They are lighter feelings and fit much better.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #10
Patrick Scott
Member Patrick Scott is offline
 
Patrick Scott's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Salisbury  MD
Posts: 131
Re: What's so great about INNOV8 shoes ?

I'd really like to try the F-195's but I fear they're just too narrow for me. My Nano's (both 1.0 and 2.0) are literally the best training shoe I've ever experienced. At least Reebok got that part right lol.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GREAT deal on my favorite crossfit shoes Greg Light Equipment 0 11-23-2012 10:31 AM
Innov8 on sale David Shamah Equipment 0 02-17-2012 08:57 AM
Great article about crossfit shoes Matthew Parker Exercises 3 10-20-2011 01:27 PM
Great snatch and great cln and jerk. Mike Burgener Exercises 6 05-19-2007 02:35 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.