CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #1
Michael Claggett

Profile:  
I just finished reading The Omega RX Zone and am a little confused. The food blocks in CF Journal 21 and the food blocks in my Zone book don't match. It's mainly the carbs. A block of raw broccoli in the Journal is 2 cups, but in the Zone book it's 4 cups. It's like that with most of the carbs. Can anyone help me with this? Thank a lot.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
Seth Drown

Profile:
Michael,

Here's a quote from his website:
"In this revised Food Block Guide, we have subtracted all dietary fiber from the total carbohydrate content of each carbohydrate block, which will increase the total weight or volume when compared to any other food listing or food database. This provides a more precise definition of the desired carbohydrate content of a meal or snack to keep you in the Zone."

It's similar to Atkins' idea of "net" carbs (i.e., total grams of carbs minus grams of fiber). They only count the carbs that the body can actually use.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
Michael Claggett

Profile:  
Wow, that's a lot of broccoli. Thanks.