CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 04-23-2014, 03:16 PM   #1
Adam Zelenay

Profile:
Great...so did I waste my time ?

Ive been working out for roughly 4 months. I started rly well, 4 times a week and eating rly well and taking loads of proteins and some BCAAs and i think i had good tangible results. Unfortunately my finals came and i went completely off track with nutrition and i trained 2x a week max...my motivation just diminished.

Now its coming back and im starting to train hard again with proper diet, but i cant help to notice, my previous results have dissapeared. My strenght and condition are basicly good but i feel as if the 2 months were just wasted time and money in the gym.
Also, some friends said something about me not looking like i d crossfit, which actually did hurt me a bit, cuz we al know the amount of sweat it takes and its that much harder to not get the appreciation.

Guess i had to hit this little bump to realize what i need to do and i rly fee down...anyone been here before ?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #2
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:
Re: Great...so did I waste my time ?

I'm not sure that I'm following this.

Is your thinking that you would be able to stop working out as much and let your nutrition quality decline but still retain the level of conditioning that you had at 4x per week with good nutrition?

- Mark
Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #3
Greg Spaight

Profile:

I think he is more just upset with himself for letting himself backslide and wanted to vent his frustration a bit.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #4
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Spaight View Post
I think he is more just upset with himself for letting himself backslide and wanted to vent his frustration a bit.
Seems like it, but it does also seem that he's surprised that his conditioning slid when he let his routine slide.

- Mark
Old 04-24-2014, 04:17 AM   #5
Larry Bruce

Profile:

On the plus side it should take you around half the time to regain it.
So no, don't worry about it. Everyone backslides. You'll come back even stronger.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:42 AM   #6
Steven Wingo

Profile:

How can you use this experience to make yourself a better person and CrossFit athlete than you were yesterday?

1. Understand that the gains you made when you were working out consistently were important to you, were hard to get, and you don't like losing them, so try not to let that happen again;

2. If you have to miss time again, don't let your nutrition slide as well.

Life is about learning and growing. Turn this personal setback into a learning experience and make yourself a better, stronger person for it.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #7
Jim Ryan

Profile:

If your strength and conditioning numbers are back to where they were then what gains did you lose?
Old 04-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #8
Douglas Menikheim

Profile:

Did you really lose that much over a few weeks? I am assuming studying for finals was only a few weeks. If that is the case I doubt you lost that much progress. Life gets in the way of working out once in a while, do what you can when you can and when your time frees up again get back to work.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:03 AM   #9
Bob Herald

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Zelenay View Post
Ive been working out for roughly 4 months. I started rly well, 4 times a week and eating rly well and taking loads of proteins and some BCAAs and i think i had good tangible results. Unfortunately my finals came and i went completely off track with nutrition and i trained 2x a week max...my motivation just diminished.

Now its coming back and im starting to train hard again with proper diet, but i cant help to notice, my previous results have dissapeared. My strenght and condition are basicly good but i feel as if the 2 months were just wasted time and money in the gym.
Also, some friends said something about me not looking like i d crossfit, which actually did hurt me a bit, cuz we al know the amount of sweat it takes and its that much harder to not get the appreciation.

Guess i had to hit this little bump to realize what i need to do and i rly fee down...anyone been here before ?
Exercise is never a waste of time. You're healthier for it. Also 4 months of lifting is nothing. Commit to yourself that you will weight train for the rest of your life, and don't worry about it. A year or two from now, your friends will be envious of your physique.

Rome wasn't built in 4 months